Chili When it's Chilly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
When I got to the office this morning it was below 60 degrees in there. It seemed like that chill wouldn't go away even with the heat running. I was glad to see when I got home that we were having the last of my homemade chili I had Foodsavered and frozen. I forgot exactly how good that batch really was. Spicy and flavorful and helped to warm me up inside.
Mmmmm...........
img_255066_0_28c1ec72cb7acd91914c5cf742b5dd16.jpg

Excellent looking chili but where are the beans!!

Oh there are beans in there believe me. :D

Thanks guys! When this is gone I'll have to make another big pot of this. I like having some on hand in the freezer and just thawing and heating it up when we feel like eating chili.
Last time I made it I made a big five gallon cast irn pot full,

Glad to hear your testimony Nick. Most dumb yankmes seem to agree with the guy from Florididdy..lol. I am predicting you most likely got some Tejas genes and chromosomes rolling around on the inside..or maybe those frontal protruberances is extry brains of some sort. Think might take some thinking on to get this bizness sorted out.

Let's face it not everybody is the same. Some like certain foods and some hate those same foods. When it comes spicy comfort type foods some enjoy them more when the weather is cooler. Me, I like anything anytime of the year. But when it comes to cooler or chilly weather it just seems to make the foods like soups, chili or gumbos a bit more enjoyable.
A good steaming bowl of any of them just soothes the body and thaws that chill to the bone out. Now add spicy to the equation and it works both ways. When it's warm out the spice will make you break a sweat and in turn that causes the body to cool itself down. When it's cold out, spice will still make you break a sweat if it'e quite spicy but it also warms you up from the inside out in doing that.
It doesn't matter what season you eat any of them in just so long as you enjoy them.

Heck, that chili was from a big 5 gal. cast iron pot batch I made a while back and whenever we have the hankering for chili no matter what time of year it is we just take a bag(Foodsaver)from the freezer, thaw, heat and eat. Only problem after eating that last bag is it was the last of that batch so I need to make more sometime soon.

Ok.you caught me on the superlative adjectives..lol. I sorta got a sore spot on this deal from this yankee from Kansas? Who owned the host site for some of our chili contests. He think when its 110 in the shade is not a good time to have a chili deal. Whats up with that? Anyway..I promise to read more proficiently in the future. Hey T. word to the wise..lose the cast iron for chili. I know who some does it but generally not a good plan since that iron is highly reactive to acids..which most chili has a bunch. Or continueth the way you are doing. Its optional..lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom