Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff, I was thinking Michigan, Northern Indiana and Northern Ohio as well. I was truly shocked when I moved up here and all the ice cream shops, not just Dairy Queen closed for the winter. Heck, half of them don't even sell any other food except ice cream and hotdogs.......no braziers!

allie said:
Puff, I was thinking Michigan, Northern Indiana and Northern Ohio as well. I was truly shocked when I moved up here and all the ice cream shops, not just Dairy Queen closed for the winter. Heck, half of them don't even sell any other food except ice cream and hotdogs.......no braziers!

Allie that same thing blew my mind when we had to move up here last year, the DQ closed for the cold weather and is selling Christmas trees. At least it looks like a move back home is in the very near future

Man, I've lived in Indiana from near Indy and further north (about 15 miles give or take a bit from the Michigan border now)for about 8 1/2 years. I'd love to move back to Georgia but for a year before I left there, I couldn't even find a job in the area I lived in. I was either over-qualified or under-qualified for everything I applied for....not good! We're hesitant to move there because we do have it better financially up here than I ever did living down there.

allie said:
There's one in my neighborhood that stays open all year, there's a Christmas tree lot right next door :shock:

Les is in your neighborhood often but I rarely get up that way. I think the one in Angola is open year round. They have a brazier and most of those seem to be open but if it doesn't say "Dairy Queen Brazier" on the sign they close down just like all those hot dog stands. Fortunately for me, I am not a big ice cream fan. Les and the kids love it. My daughter would eat it everyday if we'd let her. Every now and then I just want one of their burgers......sad, I know! I'm a fast food burger junkie!

Back
Top Bottom