Charcoal Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will have helll holding any kind of reasonable temp in that thing, even after plugging all the holes and wrapping it in header tape. Only way to control the temp below 350 is to use less fuel. If you want hot and fast then go for it. Ain't no way your gonna get 250 degrees in there unless you only put a few pieces of charcoal in at a time.

Go for the Weber Kettle or a UDS.

My 2 cents.

We have that same grill from Walmart. We bought it last year on fall clearance for $59. We love it and have no complaints with it and that's without any modifications. We've had no problems with holding temps but we don't use it for smoking. That's what we have a smoker for. We use it too grill hamburgers, chicken pieces (I cut 8 or 9 piece chickens), steaks, etc. I love it! The ease of use is wonderful and being able to raise and lower the grate is an option I never want to give up again!

Stogie, I agree on the rusting. We keep ours covered as well but there's still some rust around all the screws. Nothing on the actual grill, excep the bottom shelf (wind blows rain/snow under the cover).

We love the size. I can grill meat, veggies, etc. all at the same time with no problems. We've grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on one side with a roasting pan of baked beans on the other.

We haven't had any problems with the crank. It's starting to rust a bit on the thread part so that concerns me. This will be our first time hauling it anywhere so we'll see.

I put the grill together by myself while Les was at work. I did have some issues with the instructions being wrong and had to take some of it apart and do it again. I did get it together and we cooked on it that same evening.

Thanks one and all for the recommendations. I use my WSM for smoking and use the grill mainly for steaks, burgers, dogs, etc. I use the gasser for fish and anything else that requires low temp grilling. I agree that Weber makes a fine product but it’s really space I’m looking for. We entertain a lot so having something I can cook multiple items at once on is a plus. Thanks again!

Hey Stogie, would love to see a pic of your grill.

JamesB said:
007bond-jb said:
The one at a local wall mart the crank was broken on the demo.
I bouht this on from lowes & its a great grill

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=p ... lpage=none

At all of the Lowes in this area, they have this grill and it's non-stainless steel version on end of season clearance. I'm waiting to see if they come down to $100 or so. If they do I will pick one up. I own 3 Weber kettles, a smokey Joe, a small Weber gaser and a Weber Genesis gasser, but I think I need another grill!

That ones the leader for me thus far. I figure after Labor Day the price should come down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom