Celery in BBQ?!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
My daughter came home from school yesterday and told me they had pulled chicken bbq sandwiches with celery in it. She said it was horrible! Personally, I've never heard of putting celery in bbq have you guys?

She said I need to get all of you to write letters to the school and tell them how to make real bbq!

allie said:
My daughter came home from school yesterday and told me they had pulled chicken bbq sandwiches with celery in it. She said it was horrible! Personally, I've never heard of putting celery in bbq have you guys?

She said I need to get all of you to write letters to the school and tell them how to make real bbq!
YUUUUKK!!! :eek:

allie said:

Allie, I make quite a bit of pulled chicken and have just never thought of putting celery in it!! LOL Doesn't even sound appealing! Sounds like it's time to start packing the little ones lunches for her so shes not confronted with such a poor example of school made Q!!

She is 12 and helps me cook a lot. She has also taken cooking classes at school for the past two years. LOL She said it was definitely celery!

She started off the year taking lunches from home, then she decided she wanted to eat theirs. Everyone I have talked to around here, says that school has the worst food they've ever eaten. They will let parents come in and eat with their kids but I really don't want to! LOL She is to that age where mom eating lunch with her is an embarrassment anyway. She doesn't even want me to help with field trips, even though her friends come over and tell me I'm cool! LOL

allie said:
... then she decided she wanted to eat theirs. Everyone I have talked to around here, says that school has the worst food they've ever eaten. They will let parents come in and eat with their kids but I really don't want to! LOL She is to that age where mom eating lunch with her is an embarrassment anyway. LOL

I would suspect that once you get the hang of using a fork, it won't be that embarrassing for her. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Fork??? What is that? Oh I know.......it's the little round cup thing with a long handle on one end.

:!:

Back
Top Bottom