can some one help with bar code?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLOW SMOKIN BBQ

Assistant Cook
can someone help me in trying to figure out where and who to get a barcode from for my BBQ sauce

There are legal work arounds here where you can buy a barcode from a larger company, which is what I did for the Wolfe Rubs, they were around $89 each. I have a busy morning today, I will see if I can get you the information you need to save a lot of time and money and you will have the bar code in a couple days.

thanks i checked with simply barcodes yesterday that was there price just wasnt sure about how it all worked other gs1 they where really high

thanks i checked with simply barcodes yesterday that was there price just wasnt sure about how it all worked other gs1 they where really high

The place I used was Resource Dynamics and they do not appear to be around any longer.

If you go through GS1 they make I believe it it 1000 unique #'s and identify specific UPC's for YOUR company. If you go through Simply Barcodes, they buy 'excess' codes from Companies that don't need 1000 UPC's and then sell them to you. All of this is okay, but when you initially scan your bar code in a retail store it will be from the original owner. For instance, the UPC's I had belonged to a Peach Manufactuer.

Hopefully all of this makes sense. Couple other things 'if' you have not looked into them is you will need a copacker, LLC insurance of at least $1M (this is to separate you and your families assets from the business in the event someone gets sick or eats a piece of broken glass from the bottle, etc.), ingredient information and nutritional information listed on your labels if you plan on going main stream. You may already know or have all of this, but if not look into it.

Well hope the bar codes arrive soon. I have a smarty pants phone which can read em. Tell how much deadly pizzen is in it etc. Rate it on a healthy scale from A to Z or similar. If it detects high fructose corn syrup it sends an email to Alfgore along with the GPS co-ordinates. That stuff is deadly.

well i have taked the people that i wil be selling to and they didnt say i have to have a direct upc code from cs1 but im undecided as to what to do right now going to have to tink more on it

Last edited:
Well hope the bar codes arrive soon. I have a smarty pants phone which can read em. Tell how much deadly pizzen is in it etc. Rate it on a healthy scale from A to Z or similar. If it detects high fructose corn syrup it sends an email to Alfgore along with the GPS co-ordinates. That stuff is deadly.

BW with all the stuff your "smarty pants phone" does, will it take a picture? :mrgreen:

Yes it takes good pics. I post stuff on FB a lot. It just too complicated to figger out how to do it on here..lol.

Not sure on the applicable laws in Ohiya of course..but I talked to a state health goon from here and he said..If somebody want to make home crafted items..such as Grannys Chow Chow or your sauce maybe? Only need to have wrote on it the ingredient list and contact info on who made it in case some smart person with a lawyer in the family happen to come down with a belly ache they will know who to sue. I would invest in a post orfice box..lol. Or the smart move is find somebody with a food permit and play like you are making it there. Old pal o mine with a big C store carried all kinds of stuff like that. The yups love it. Just make sure to price it real high. They do not like to buy cheap stuff. PS Woops..they punched in the sales with a real register. Prob wouldnt work on a modern operation come to thunk on it. Get the little mark of beast labels. Smart thinking.

Last edited:
Ok..thats a good plan. Have a buddy who was intent on getting into the sauce bizness. He piddled with it for several years making it at home etc. and finally figgered out he was going to need at least a hundred thousand up front to do it right. He moved on to other projects Hope it works our for you.

well if i had to have that much i wouldnt do it either ,i talked to local store outlet this morning they have 8 stores total in a 100 mile radius and they seemed really interested in picking up the sauce ,aask for a price ,size,wanted to see the bottled product so that was grreat ! Givn the Lord his !!!!!!!

The Lord is smiling on you Brother. Congrats. Now it cheaper at the bottling place by the box car load. lol. You may need a whole train.

Back
Top Bottom