Camping ? WSM or OTG?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Ok we are getting ready to head off on a camping trip next month http://www.evergreentrails.com/index.htm
…my question is….If I only have room for one cooker which one do I bring…the WSM or OTG ? I hope that I have room from both….I know that the campsite has a charcoal grill available….but……

Im with Pigs on this one...load up that trailer and bring everything you got..Nothing like running a smoker on your campsite to bring neighborly folks out of the wood work...They are usually willing to trade beer for a bite of brisket...

john pen said:
Im with Pigs on this one...load up that trailer and bring everything you got..Nothing like running a smoker on your campsite to bring neighborly folks out of the wood work...They are usually willing to trade beer for a bite of brisket...
I'm not going camping to be neighborly...I'm going to be left the F alone :twisted:

wittdog said:
Ok we are getting ready to head off on a camping trip next month http://www.evergreentrails.com/index.htm
…my question is….If I only have room for one cooker which one do I bring…the WSM or OTG ? I hope that I have room from both….I know that the campsite has a charcoal grill available….but……

Hands down the WSM . Who needs a BIG pit when ya got a couple of those???

wittdog said:
john pen said:
I'm not going camping to be neighborly...I'm going to be left the F alone :twisted:

Why would you take the wife and kids then?

Bruce B said:
wittdog said:
[quote="john pen":307g76he]Im with Pigs on this one...load up that trailer and bring everything you got..Nothing like running a smoker on your campsite to bring neighborly folks out of the wood work...They are usually willing to trade beer for a bite of brisket...

Why would you take the wife and kids then?[/quote:307g76he]
Good point Bruce! :LOL:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Bruce B":1ejeezq7]
wittdog said:
[quote="john pen":1ejeezq7]Im with Pigs on this one...load up that trailer and bring everything you got..Nothing like running a smoker on your campsite to bring neighborly folks out of the wood work...They are usually willing to trade beer for a bite of brisket...

Why would you take the wife and kids then?[/quote:1ejeezq7]
Good point Bruce! :LOL:[/quote:1ejeezq7]

Damm Good point.

Bring the boys lil grill & do easy stuff, Burgers dogs sausage Poboys & steaks. Thick steaks = a small grate foot print DPW :LOL:

Holly crap that's a lot of decisions. it's good you are not taking your handbag and deciding what to put in it.

Back
Top Bottom