Camera for taking good food shots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I've been using a Kodak 4.0 Easy Share camera for taking pictures for my posts. The camera seems to have some limitations on getting close up shots and keeping them in focus. It's an old hand-me-down from my daughter.

Does anyone have some suggestions for a reasonably priced digital camera. Say under $400.00? Some of the shots I've seen on the blog are really great looking.

Lew ... Exactly what Scotty says. I have a painter clamp light with a flood bulb that I clamp and point to flood the room not the food, use the macro on a manual stetting and a tripod. When my food and pictures get close to what Scotty, The Captain, Larry and the rest I'll spend the money for a Nikon D60 or 90. By the time I get that good there won't be cameras anymore :LOL:

but if you get set on buying a new camera....

I highly recommend a Canon Powershot. Great little camera. $250 will get you a great little gem with lots of manual and automatic settings. Best camera out there for the buck. in my opinion

My old one was a Samsung 5mp. The one my wife got me for Christmas is a Canon SX120, its twice the res of my old one in video & photo modes

Canon is what I use. The Powershot 7 MegaPixel jobby. Light and tripod, then yer golden. Same goes for video as well. I hate videos that shake n' stuff. JBs post-production office makes his smooth as silk.

I got the Powereshot 10 mp. $129 at Best Buy. Also if you make a shadow box it will really clean up the shot. Not that I ever use the one I built but they do work good.

I have a canon powershot too, it's a little older as it's a 8 mp. But before you go buying a new camera you should try some of the suggestions, lighting, flash and whatnot. I wouldn't spend the money on some high dollar dslr until I knew I could properly utilize it.
They take great pics, but so will most point and shoot cameras with a little know how.

Back
Top Bottom