bummer at Griff's house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Wednesday night my wife took the step from our greenhouse to the lawn and broke her ankle. This is a single step we have both taken a million times. It was before any adult beverages were consumed. She speculates it would not have happened had she been "relaxed." She broke her distal fibula (the smaller of the two bones in the lower leg) into four pieces about an inch above her ankle. She has been stuck in bed except for short trips to the bathroom since and has surgery scheduled for Monday morning. They will insert a plate and put her bone back together with small screws. And then eight weeks of no weight bearing. Consequently, I've been a really busy guy fetching this and that for her as well as tackling all the domestic chores.

The good news is she has something that will heal and others are not so fortunate. Helping her for a few months is a small price for all she has done for me over the last 37 years. But it is really cutting done on my Q time.

Griff

Sorry to hear about Mrs. Griff. Hope she does well in surgery and recovers soon.

My dad did the same thing a few years ago and the surgery went well with theropy.

[-o< She and you will be in our family prayers. [-o<

Damn Griff! Really sorry to hear that. Give her my best and you guys will be in our prayers. [-o<

Oh that sounds so painful for her to go through. Best wishes on getting through surgery well and a speedy recovery!

Griff sorry to hear the news and you're right it'll heal so that's what's important. You're Wolfe Rub order should be to you very soon and word is if you rub it on your wifes ankle it will speed the recovery!

Larry Wolfe said:
Griff sorry to hear the news and you're right it'll heal so that's what's important. You're Wolfe Rub order should be to you very soon and word is if you rub it on your wifes ankle it will speed the recovery!
Foil or no foil :grin:

Friends

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I took the laptop up to the bedroom and she read your posts. They definately raised her spirits. She also indicated she is willing to try the Wolfe rub and foil. That made her laugh out loud. Thanks again.

Griff

OOOOOWWWW!! Hate to hear that!! Hope she fully recovers real soon.

Monkey thoughts and prayers to you both.

Will be thinking about her tomorrow...sorry for the bad luck

I always liked Mrs. Griff more than you, Griff!! :grin: :grin:

Greg Rempe said:
Will be thinking about her tomorrow...sorry for the bad luck

I always liked Mrs. Griff more than you, Griff!! :grin: :grin:

I know, I'm used to hearing that. Thanks anyway.

Griff

Sorry to hear about the bad fall. Don't let her get TOO used to being waited on...she might get used to it and expect it forever :!:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! [-o<

Back
Top Bottom