Budweiser Select

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Just picked up a six pack of Budweiser's new low-carb beer, "Budweiser Select", 3.1 Carbs/99 Calories. Not bad but nothing special, I'll still still with Miller Lite. Anyone else try it yet? What are your thoughts?

I don't really get in to the low carb beer thing. I think Budweiser in the red and white can is just fine the way it is!

I did see Bud came out with an energy beer...bud beer+caffeine+ginseng+something else=me not interested!! What happened to plain old beer!!?? (Lite beer is ok... :roll: )

Greg Rempe said:
I don't really get in to the low carb beer thing. I think Budweiser in the red and white can is just fine the way it is!

I did see Bud came out with an energy beer...bud beer+caffeine+ginseng+something else=me not interested!! What happened to plain old beer!!?? (Lite beer is ok... :roll: )

People have a misconception over Miller Lite, that it is really low in alcohol compared to the King of Beers. Well, Budweiser is 5.0% alcohol, Miller Lite is 4.5%. You can just drink more light beer cause it's less filling. But you consume practically the same amount of alcohol.

I'm not much interested in the energy beers either. BLAH

Sorry Larry, I meant light beer in general...just not a big fan of it. I tried that Mich Ultra...not bad but... :roll:

I have plenty of other ways to count carbs and calories! Let me have one pleasure without the count!!!

PS Miller Lite is a good tasting beer!

You guys are kidding right? You drink that swill? The lightest beers I'll touch are Corona and Labatts! Swill!

ps. How did my post total go back down below 600? Did you clean house over the weekend?

Woody, your most ignorant posts were deleted. Be glad you have any left.

I'm a Miller Lite man. Low carbs..Great taste...less filling.

By the way, arguing what beer is best is ignorant. Leads to deleted posts.

Bud, Bud Light, Labatts Blue, Blue Light, or Molson Canadian. Miller Lite if that's all there is available.

Used to be a big supporter of Miller products. However, there strong negative campaign against Bud has turned me off. Especially when Bud in one of there commercials made a comment that you had to be American to run for President. Miller screamed fowl. Why? Miller is owned by South African Brewery. South Africa. Thank you but I'll support a product that is owned/made here.

Jeff E said:
None of that applies to Utah. The beers sold here have to be 3.2% or less. :cry:
Damn, that remindes me of early Air Force Years in Oklahoma City ~ That's all we could get, too!

Ratman said:
Used to be a big supporter of Miller products. However, there strong negative campaign against Bud has turned me off. Especially when Bud in one of there commercials made a comment that you had to be American to run for President. Miller screamed fowl. Why? Miller is owned by South African Brewery. South Africa. Thank you but I'll support a product that is owned/made here.

Didn't know that Ratman! Thanks for the information!

If you look you'll only see SAB. Which stands for South African Brewery. Bud was sued by Miller because technically the corporation name is SAB and Bud couldn't say South Africa they had to refer to the legal entity name (SAB). So Bud had to pull it's commercials. Unless you read it in the business section (how I found out), Miller doesn't want it's consumers to know.

Yes Miller is owned by a foreign brewery, but they employ a LOT of Americans in several regions of the country. More Americans are employed by their distributers.

Also, the Miller breweries brew lots of beer not associated with the Miller label. You may be drinking some of it witout knowing. :?

Chris, true they do employ alot of american employees which is good. It just burns me to see American icons being owned out of country.

Ahh heck, let's do some bbq and drink some beers! :-D

I finished the last two Budweiser Select's last night and here is my opinion of AB's new beer.

1. Tasteless
2. No Head
3. Appeared to be flat
4. AB, stick with making Michelob Ultra.

Larry Wolfe said:
I finished the last two Budweiser Select's last night and here is my opinion of AB's new beer.

1. Tasteless
2. No Head
3. Appeared to be flat
4. AB, stick with making Michelob Ultra.

Sounds like alot of J Shively's dates!!!

Back
Top Bottom