Brisket Theft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That right there is grounds for a serious ass whuppin'!!!!!

It really sucks that it happened to such a great guy to boot!!!

Tim

WOW...looks like a good idea from BBQ Central (Spanning the BBQ Globe) was stolen by the BBQ Forum...

And, as always, very poor quality and editing by the "Host"... :shock: :LOL:

Jeeeez. These bbq comps are turning to hot beds of crime. Wittdog's wife gets assaulted. Brisket and bbq equipment are purloined. Jeeeez.

Finney said:
Boy.... That's just wrong.

I've heard of a fellow forgetting all the meat that was in a cooker at a comp... but never someone stealing it.

Yeah I heard that same guy "invents" everything, he just forgets about his meat! :shock:

A stolen brisket caper supposed to have happened at an IBCA cookoff down in the Foat Wuth Stock Yards one time. Some drunk grabbed a brisket off a pit and took off running with several cooks in hot pursuit. The drunk supposed to have panicked and throwed it in the creek. They fished it outta the creek and turned it in. Supposed to have hit in the money or so the story goes.

bigwheel

Look on my Pit.
http://www.mikehedrick.com/forum/uploads/20070609_222306_mypit2.jpg

You see that long bar? I can lock that and keep people from opening lids or the firebox door. I made sure mine had that after hearing of competitors hearing their pit doors close late at night with passers by opening them to take a look.

I keep my boy Kenny up at night guarding my pits too.

Bastard Brisket Bandits Better Beware Boy!
lol

Have to renew my carry permit.
Did I understand from the radio interview that they know which team the thief came from?

We never left our site unattended and anything of value was locked in the truck. Too much activity and too many people for something like this to not happen. I wish someone had stolen my brisket. F'in thing got waterlogged when the ziploc baggie(xl size blue ones) leaked and ruined my brisket...hence the DAL finish. Sucks!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom