Brisket frezzing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRD

Assistant Cook
Just smoked a packer and want to freeze the flat and point.
Whats the best way to freeze it.
Thanks

I'm no expert here but I'd guess in the freezer. :shock:

Try shrink wrapping and then freeze. Don't be afraid to add a little broth in the packets before you seal.

Hey Nick, thanks for the freezer advice.
I have heard that a brisket can be really good after freezing.
I don't know. That is why i ask.
I think any cooked meat after freezing does not have the taste and i'm sure about that.
I am doing test run's for a KCBS comp. and just need some advice.
I have done really well with brisket in comp. just trying something a little different.
Look at all of the I's.
Thanks from an eastern NC transplant now in Miisiisippi.

Well I have knowed some smart fellers over the years who swear a brisket don't even get fit to eat till it has been cooked froze and reheated yet again. The winner at Meridian one year was supposed to have been cooked and in somebodys freezer for 3 years prior to being thawed out for the big event. Yep froze is best I think. If you have a real freezer (the kind that needs defrosting) you can keep em a long time wrapped in foil and with the juice drained defatted and froze separately.

bigwheel

Bigwheel thanks.
I have also heard that.
Just doing a couple briskets as trial runs before comp. in April.

I just cut into about 4 or 5 pieces, shrink wrap it and then freeze it. When I want some just pull it out and thaw, then reheat in micro or do the simmering water method, then slice and eat.

How do you feel about freezing uncooked meat like a tri-tip if it has been vacuum sealed. I bought a pack of four large tri-tips from a restaurant warehouse and grilled one of them and put the other three in the freezer sealed individually using my FoodSaver. Do you think freezing will change the texture or taste after defrosting them? I also have a whole Prosciutto I'm thinking of cutting up and storing the same way.

Back
Top Bottom