Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Just got done doing a 13lb packer. I brined it for 24 hours in a basic brine. I foiled as soon as I removed it from the refridgerator and during the whole cooking process, 5 hours. No smoke ring to mention, not much smoke flavor but very moist and tender. What could I do to help the smoke ring and the smokey flavor? I used a whole 10lb bag of hickory and mesquite chunks and even closed all the vents to add more smoke to the meat. I also used a combination of sand and water in the pan and placed the pan directly onto the coals as Bobbly Flay instructed on his TV show. All the water had boiled out in the first half hour of the cook. Any clues as to why I ran out of water? Thanks in advance for everyones advice, I'm planning on doing a turkey the same way this weekend but want it to turn out a little smokier than the brisket did.

:idea:

To increase the smoke flavor, hook up a hose from the WSM to the tail pipe of a heavy oil burning vehicle.

Regular, Mid-Grade and Premium unleaded all add distinct flavors, diesel is kinda heavy like mesquite.

About your fire management. I'm not sure what to say ... you are doing everything correctly ... it works for me perfectly every time! Perhaps it was a poor batch of sand.

Better luck next time amigo!

What the Fu*k are you brining a brisket for and starting it in foil? Hey wait, is this a joke or something? 8-[ 8-[ I know, try cooking it outside the foil?

Woodman said:
What the Fu*k are you brining a brisket for and starting it in foil? Hey wait, is this a joke or something? 8-[ 8-[ I know, try cooking it outside the foil?

Okay Woodbitch! You bitched about the board being dull as dirt, so I make a post to get attention and you bitch about that? What are you????........................................Female?

All kidding aside, I find par boiling ribs for no less than five min. And no longer than ten min. produces a quality rack of ribs worthy of first place in any contest! Don't forget the foil boy's and girls!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
All kidding aside, I find par boiling ribs for no less than five min. And no longer than ten min. produces a quality rack of ribs worthy of first place in any contest! Don't forget the foil boy's and girls!

Pigs, I'm really glad to see someone else boils their ribs! I typically brine, then foil the ribs prior to boiling to keep the flavor in the ribs. Turns out great, I took first place in a dream I had last night! Also in the dream, I saw Woodman squating behind his pit taking a leak. He had the nerve to ask for toilet paper.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2z38fca6]All kidding aside, I find par boiling ribs for no less than five min. And no longer than ten min. produces a quality rack of ribs worthy of first place in any contest! Don't forget the foil boy's and girls!

Pigs, I'm really glad to see someone else boils their ribs! I typically brine, then foil the ribs prior to boiling to keep the flavor in the ribs. Turns out great, I took first place in a dream I had last night! Also in the dream, I saw Woodman squating behind his pit taking a leak. He had the nerve to ask for toilet paper.[/quote:2z38fca6]

Do you boil in the foil?

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":13vug4q2][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":13vug4q2]All kidding aside, I find par boiling ribs for no less than five min. And no longer than ten min. produces a quality rack of ribs worthy of first place in any contest! Don't forget the foil boy's and girls!

Pigs, I'm really glad to see someone else boils their ribs! I typically brine, then foil the ribs prior to boiling to keep the flavor in the ribs. Turns out great, I took first place in a dream I had last night! Also in the dream, I saw Woodman squating behind his pit taking a leak. He had the nerve to ask for toilet paper.[/quote:13vug4q2]

Do you boil in the foil?[/quote:13vug4q2]

Nick, absolutely!! That is the only way to make them tender without losing all the juices and flavor. Man they are awesome that way. I'm doing some tomorrow like that as a matter of fact!

Wow... I was going to cook something tonight, but for some reason, I'm not really hungry anymore so I guess I'll just go crawl into bed, lay in the fetal position and suck my thumb for a little bit. <shudder>

Ahwww Gawwd .. I'm gunna puke. Where's the bucket????? Hurrry !!!!!!!! D00000d !!!!!!!!!

ScottyDaQ said:
Wow... I was going to cook something tonight, but for some reason, I'm not really hungry anymore so I guess I'll just go crawl into bed, lay in the fetal position and suck my thumb for a little bit. <shudder>

Ahwww Gawwd .. I'm gunna puke. Where's the bucket????? Hurrry !!!!!!!! D00000d !!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom