Brining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not unless you like moist breasts, Larry. I'm talking about the Turkey, Larry! :grin:

Seriously, though Alton Brown has a great turkey brine recipe on the Food Network website. I've used it for my last 2 Thanksgiving Turkey's. Last year's Christmas Turkey was a cajun deep fried. Even better and no brine.

Kloset BBQR said:
Not unless you like moist breasts, Larry. I'm talking about the Turkey, Larry! :grin:

Seriously, though Alton Brown has a great turkey brine recipe on the Food Network website. I've used it for my last 2 Thanksgiving Turkey's. Last year's Christmas Turkey was a cajun deep fried. Even better and no brine.

Kloset, I agree! Brining is the only way to go! :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Larry
If the turkey is solution added then there is no reason cause for all intent it's already done. If your looking to add flavor it works very well. You can have very moist breast without bring but it does give you a fudge factor that you can't get without bring.
Jim

I like to use a cajon injection on my turkeys. Never had anyone complaine about dry turkey with injection.

I love turkey, I always say after Thanksgiving I'm going to cook more of it and then never seem to do it. Good looking bird Bill.

Spiceysmoke said:
TexLaw said:
Brine, or on brine, nothing beats a good turkey fresh from the ol' microwave.

TL

Yeah, that's the way I like mine :) But I have another question. I've tried smoking wild turkey a couple of times. Only moderately successful, mostly too dry. I had never heard of brining before joining this forum. Has anyone ever tried brining a wild bird and does it help?

SS,
I would highly recommend brining wild turkeys!! It will add moisture as well as help tenderize the meat. Wild turkeys are free range and use all of their muscles, unlike the turkeys you buy in the store that are kept in coops. Brine the wild turkey, the difference will be night and day!

Wild turkey's have virtually no fat in them, they are extremely lean. If you want a good moist roasted turkey buy a butterball. Consider deep frying with a wild turkey. It will be some of the best turkey you've ever had. If you plan on roasting the wild turkey then brining is a must!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom