Bourdain goes off on Food Network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I own every Bourdain book available.

Truly he tells it like it is. Now his kitchen stuff is great. His novel writing could put anyone to sleep.

Still I like the way he talks in your face with no recourse.

What?

I do like Tony.
His shows traveling the world and eating stuff like snake butts and frog ears are really entertaining to me.
BUT, I would like to see Sandra and Gaida , uh, uh, uh, well maybe cook something TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!
He's right about most of them. They could not cook their way into a kichen.
They are there because they produce ratings from people watching with nothing better to do. Like me sometimes. I have NEVER used ONE recipe I have seen any of them do.
How about that MONSTER IN THE KITCHEN Barefoot Conseca or whatever they call her. Now where in the world did they find that really choice dish????
I just like the, the , the, well you know, Giada and Sandr Lee's, uh, wardrobe. Yes, that's it, their wardrobes!!!!!
Whew, I feel better now.
Where's the Aspirin? Aspirin, where's the Whiskey???
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!

"SANDRA LEE: Pure evil. This frightening Hell Spawn of Kathie Lee and Betty Crocker seems on a mission to kill her fans, one meal at a time."

I laughed myself good.

I like Alton Brown, well at least I've gotten some good information from him. His humor isn't the best but I like the show and have used several recipies he has put on his show.

Re: What?

kickassbbq said:
How about that MONSTER IN THE KITCHEN Barefoot Conseca or whatever they call her. Now where in the world did they find that really choice dish????

That is pretty harsh. Just because she isn't a starving anorexic waif doesn't mean she is a monster.

She owned and ran the Barefoot Contessa store for 18 years. Very successfully. Her books are credited with being some of the best in the world.
Her recipes are bang on and they are very good.

Re: What?

Diva Q said:
kickassbbq said:

That is pretty harsh. Just because she isn't a starving anorexic waif doesn't mean she is a monster.

She owned and ran the Barefoot Contessa store for 18 years. Very successfully. Her books are credited with being some of the best in the world.
Her recipes are bang on and they are very good.
I kinda agree with it being kinda harsh, but I'm not her bigest fan eigther. I have a problem with the barefeet in a kitchen thing. I worked in food service too long. The thought gives me the willies. [smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif]

wboggs said:
Rockin Rooster said:
I like Alton Brown, well at least I've gotten some good information from him. His humor isn't the best but I like the show and have used several recipies he has put on his show.
So do I but that can get you killed on this board.
I'm known for living dangerously

I like Anthony a lot, but this is a little uncalled for in my opinion. I realize that he had a falling out with Food TV when he left, but he's insulted some very proven chef's.

Emril's actually a Master Chef, Alton is a graduate of the New England Culinary Arts school, Malto can cook his large rump off, and who doesn't like Paula?

Not that he isn't a good chef, I don't know other wise, but the show he had on Food TV and the one he has on the Travel Channel are only food tasting shows. When's the last time he had a cooking show? Or maybe that's the reason for his distent?

Just a few thoughts.

Tim

wboggs said:
Rockin Rooster said:
So do I but that can get you killed on this board.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think Paula's a naughty lady...On one show where a guest was slurping ice cream out of the bottom of a cone, Paula told her " I bet ya'll could suck the chrome of a trailer hitch"

In another Hawaii themed one she sheaked " I dont want to be the only one getting laid up here"...

it seems that when it comes to "cooking" shows people occasionally get a bit caught up in likes and dislikes...........kinda like partisan politics.... At my house we do watch footv...not alot, but then we dont watch alot of tv period. I try not to judge the host on what they cook or how they cook it, its all about ratings and making it interesting enough to get you back again. You may learn something from a show, you may completely disagree with it..or you may take the idea and change it around for your own creation. All in all its still better programming than desperate housewives or (name your least fav show here). When I watch something else with the family and it ends..well its over...when I watch something with them on a cooking based show and it ends I usually get a response from my daughter something along these lines " daddy why dont we try making something like that this week" . So its putting ideas for things in peoples heads and in my house it adds even more things for us to do together. Sorry if this seems like a rant but lets take the shows for what they are...entertainment. You may like AB you may not..you may like Ina...Personally I think some of her recipes are great...but as my daughter says...her show is like watching paint dry...whats she cooking for her gay friends today ?? (thats not a bash just an observation from a 13 year old girl)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom