Bored

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick Prochilo said:
It's only temporary. I worked 16 hours just last week! And NO, I didn't open that joint, the landlord did.

I saw some knucklehead crew pouring a stoop today.. didn't get the name of the company, but I think it's a bit too cold to be pouring a stoop on a day like today!!!! unless they filled it with anti freeze first!!!!

Your bread looks good to me. I like to let my dough rise to the size or almost the size I want the finished loaf to be. I put a 1/4 Cup of water in the bottom of the oven before I preheat the oven to produce steam. I moisten the top of the dough by spreading water with a pastry (paint or sauce) brush. I slash the bread one time lengthwise right before putting the dough in the oven. The moistening and slashing cause the steam in the dough to go up-not out-when the oven spring takes effect. I also use bread dough as it has more protein which equals more gluten.
Your slashes worked well, so your dough was doing what it was supposed to do. However, the steam was going every which way.
Like I said, your loaves look good.

Hope yall dont mind but I'm forwarding all this pertinent info off to my friend Martha Stewart. I bet she will have a segment on this. Just guessing of course.

bw-Are you associating with ex convicts? I do it every day.
Cooking a great loaf of bread is akin to cooking a great brisket...........

Well I admire your handiwork. I am now officially too lazy to make bread even using the moochine let alone making it like the old widder ladies used to do it. Moved the bread making apparatus out to the camper just the other day. The camper is a grave yard of currently un used items. I put it right next to the KA mixer right next to the 1 HP SS meat grinder from Nothern Tool. That for sale by the way if anybody needs a good grinder which can grind up a baby hippo if you can squeeze him down the intake chute.

Nice looking bread indeed! Sliced, toasted drizzled with olive oil, fresh parm and thin sliced sun dried tomatoes would go good on it. Last time I made bread I could barely make decent croutons from what came out of the oven. I bet your house smelled great.

Back
Top Bottom