Bobberger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that the same Frankie the Butcher that was on Bobby Flay's Show?

I'd also be a little leary of buying my meats in Amityville! Oh the Horror! :ack: :witch:

Bob, sorry got busy yesterday..I'll get em up this afternoon. Tried to work out a deal with people who do the members maps software to let
me do one with bbq joints, but they wanted me to pay for it, so no map.

I just have to list the ones closest to you. Also, what route are taking there, or are you flying in? I'd hate for you to miss a legend.

ok, I looked around the area you are in, and the following are joints I have info on. I've never eaten at these places, so when you read these
quotes, keep in mind they are opinions I've gotten from across the net.

If you give me your route in, I can give you the highlights in the Carolina's that will be near you.

Po Pigs Bo-B-Q - Edisto Island (Added May, 2002)
(2410 Highway 174, 29438 - 843 869-9007)
"After hearing all the hype about Po Pig's on Knox Abbott Drive in Cayce/West Columbia from several SCBA members, I finally made it there today. It was pretty good, but not as great as everyone made it out to be. It was far from the best BBQ that I have ever had. I think that the BBQ chicken and sides were much better that the pork. I tried the pork with all the sauces (Carolina Red, PeeDee Vinegar, Midlands Mustard, and Orangeburg Sweet). To me, the vinegar was the best, Carolina Red was second, Midlands Mustard was OK, and the Orangeburg Sweet was just plain nasty.
I also tried the fried chicken, BBQ chicken, red rice, mac and cheese, cole slaw, baked bean, and hush puppies. All of these were good (hush puppies and mac and cheese were excellent).
The cost of the buffet is $8.50, and dessert is NOT included. All things considered, I would eat here again. Like I said, it's not the best, but they have so much on the buffet that you will not leave hungry. "
This was a response to that statement:
"I liked the Midlands Mustard myself, I wish they would include the desert in the cost but ahh well, it beats Bessingers by a mile as far as I am concerned , and the price is reasonable. I did like the sides they do have a good choice, and at least they give you a choice of sauces on the tables. I too will eat here again , I like the atmosphere as well."

Duke's Barbeque
6278 Highway 162
Hollywood SC 29449
(843) 889-1415

Dukes BBQ of N. Charleston
4428 Spruill Avenue
North Charleston SC 29405
(843) 554-1110

Dukes BBQ of Walterboro
949 Robertson Boulevard
Walterboro SC 29488
(843) 549-1446

Bessinger’s BBQ – Charleston
This is the Charleston branch of the famous and controversial Columbia
based Bessingers.
http://www.mauricesbbq.com/
(1602 Savannah Highway – 843 556-1354)

" Terrific Pork BBQ from SC’s first family of swine; established in 1946, Bessinger’s is the “Home of the Original Big Joeâ€

Thanks Morgan and Finney much appreciated :D

From Map quest, it looks like we wind our way north from SeaBrook Island , past North Charslton, on 526 and 26, then head to 95 N... Stay on 95 N until Lumberton NC .. then head East on NC 211 to NC 41 then wind our way up to Tar Heel , then White Oak ( Bladen County) NC..

Saturday oughta be a hoot ,, as the new outlaws are havin a pig pickin... yum yum good =D> might even get some deer meat as some of their family is going deer hunting Fri and Sat... gotta rember my deer recipes The NY'ers that are going are a bit ummm err "concerned " about the pig pickin as they have never been to one b4... #-o lol I love em ,:D : steppin up to that big ole shiney hog with a fork and getting elbow deep in pork ...[-o< should be an interesting trip

Good Luck to yaz

Bob

Thanks Morgan and Finney much appreciated :D

From Map quest, it looks like we wind our way north from SeaBrook Island , past North Charslton, on 526 and 26, then head to 95 N... Stay on 95 N until Lumberton NC .. then head East on NC 211 to NC 41 then wind our way up to Tar Heel , then White Oak ( Bladen County) NC..

Saturday oughta be a hoot ,, as the new outlaws are havin a pig pickin... yum yum good =D> might even get some deer meat as some of their family is going deer hunting Fri and Sat... gotta rember my deer recipes The NY'ers that are going are a bit ummm err "concerned " about the pig pickin as they have never been to one b4... #-o lol I love em ,:D : steppin up to that big ole shiney hog with a fork and getting elbow deep in pork ...[-o< should be an interesting trip

Good Luck to yaz

Bob

Bob, you're best best is to go to Sweatman's in Holly Hill....considered one of the best if not the best in SC. On your way to I95, swing over to Holly Hill but keep in mind they are only open on Friday and Saturday 11:30 till 9:00 I think.

Don't see any legends in the area of NC you're going to be in. Enjoy the pig picking!

Back
Top Bottom