Blackened Chicken Breasts Are The Best!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
There are tons of different ways of cooking chicken but as of right now after tonight's dinner Blackened Checken Breast ar the Best!
These breasts I used were pretty thick so I cut them in half thicknesswise.
I seasoned them up earlier today with Targil's Blackening Seasoning and stuck 'em in the fridge until time to cook. Then I made some dirty rice and my wife made a little potato salad to go along with the meal.
Of course I cooked these outside using a heavy duty aluminum pan.

My wife said we'll probably have more heavy rain tonight because I was so happy that the chicken came out so perfect. I am my worse critic!!!
These were absolutely perfectly tender and juicy with excellent flavor!!!!!!

I wish I had remembered to get a picture of the chicken cut into.​

You do NOT want to blacken any meats deliberately or accidently for that matter in your house.
You need to get the pan(preferrably one you're not crazt about or cast iron)really hot and as you see it leaves a crusty black residue in the bottom pan. It will create a lot of smoke when you add the butter and then the seasoned meat or fish.
That's why it's done outdoors. Unless you have a very commercial kitchen vent hood which I do have and still do this outside.

Thanks guys!

I know the general idea of blackening, Traeg could you give me more details about when to add the butter etc? Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom