Black Squirrels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Ever see one? I made a sandwich and walked up to the park to have lunch with a pal and there was about a dozen of them scarfing up black walnuts and chestnuts. They sure are fun to watch. The gray's don't seem to care for them much, they stayed away. No red's around here. (thank god) I didn't have the camera with me so tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get a pic. I love this time of year. Lunch in the park on a fall day is groovy!

Pigs
(yea, I'm the odd ball. But loving life. :D )

The squirrel population in the Village of Lewiston is almost exclusivly black. If you get just outside into the town, they are all grey. Like you said, they dont seem to intermingle.

I saw one in Washington DC years ago, but have never seen one "in the wild" (citified squirrels don't count as wild).

We call them fox squirrels. Ya I know foxs are red, its just the way I was raised.
Alot of the times, they will have a white mask.
5.jpg

Cousins got a black en an a white en mounted. Got em out in the woods. Whites er real rare, blacks ain't round here yet. Got grays, reds an them dern little red buggers what cause havic!

I have 2 black squirrels mounted on a piece of wood in my office. We have a gray ones which are call cat squirrels. Then there are red and black which are fox squirrels. I love to eat em fried the best. Will try to take a picture of the mount and post it.

We got 'em around here. They have tufts on their ears. Not very bright, where as a grey squirrel will jump off the road into the ditch when a car comes upon them, a black will almost always jump in front of the car. :shock:

Had lunch in the park today had the camera with me and no luck. The village cut the grass today so think they blew town on that deal. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. The park is great. Only thing I wish they had is a few of those post type grills. I take the WSM up there every now and then but it's kind of a pain to get it home when still kind of hot. Plus people look at it and think I'm on drugs. I need a wagon or something like that. Then they will think I'm a real retard. :LOL:

Pigs

Back
Top Bottom