Big Wheel Style cookin...Cajun Power Sauce - Shrimp Gumbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
My buddy from Baton Rouge, S.LA trades spices and cooking related items with me and he sent me a
gallon of Starter Base for Gumbo, Stew, Rice Dressing and Potato Hash . Man yall, this stuff is
awesome. All I did was get 2 lbs of gulf shrimp and cooked them in a 50-50 water-sauce mixture
for 20 minutes. Then poured it over a bed of rice and endulged...
I recommend this product if you like good food in a hurry....

;) Oh, BTW - Chunks of Pompanos would rock with this stuff...:D

dsc029119167406sf5.jpg

SS - Sounds real good. Perhaps you could whip up a big batch of something and send a sample to the forum members for testing. I know I'd try it out. ;) :D

Nick Prochilo said:
Roux from a jar? :shock: :twisted: :LOL:
It's not just the roux. It's the whole meal minus the meat in a concentrated form.. This stuff is freakin better than any I have had before. It is perfectly spiced with a small peppery bite to it. I could eat it right out of the jug..

Wow Sapo..great find. Thanks for the link. Sounds like a product who's time might have come. I am always in favor of skipping a few steps if possible. Would also make a great Christmas gift for them who has it all. Might even send a gallon to my left wing liberal big brudder who formerly lived in Sunny CA but has now moved back to God's Country where he voted for Osama. The Prodigal Son always returns. Now if I could just get his head straight. Might make folks who dont cook much a little mo prone to expuriment with Cajun Food. Let the Chamber of Commerce in Thibbedeux know about this. They prob send you a check or something.

bigwheel

I used their concentrated smothered chicken sauce last night and YUM!

The gallon of gumbo concentrate is waiting for me to figure out what to do with the rest when I use a little of it. I bought the gallon on the recommendation of JB.

Now I have two of you telling me to open the jar!

JB posted a video about Cajun Power Shrimp Stew back in May, and that was when I placed my first order.

JBandCajunPower.jpg

A couple days ago I got my third order from Cajun Power, bigger than the previous two orders combined. We love the stuff, and it's a bonus for Jody that shrimp are basically free in the Weight Watchers point system. :) When the store ads show a $6/lb sale on frozen raw shrimp -- the big ones (16-20 or 21-25/lb) -- I buy as much as will squeeze into the spaces in the freezer compartments. I have 9 lb in reserve right now. :D

Two different Shrimp Stew meals I've posted in the past.

--John
(Try their Shrimp Stew for sure, but also Chicken Gumbo, Chicken Stew, Seafood Gumbo, Chicken Sauce Piquant, and Seafood Sauce Piquant. That's as far as I've gotten so far. We get pint jars for the two of us.)

The CP gallon of base is whats used in all their brown gravy products, Shrimp & chicken stew, gumbo, hash, cajun brown gravy & a few others. The only difference is the recipes on each jars label. The gallon of base comes with all the recipes & dillution ratios. Its real good stuff...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom