Best way to reheat Pulled Pork for gatherings..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I have about 10 lbs of Pulled pork and would like to know how I should reheat it for a gathering of 50-60 people... We have some of those broiler.warmer things.. Thanks Yall...

SS

SS,

Not knowing what you might have access to, I would put it in an aluminum pan (full size) add some rub and some apple juice, cover it with foil and place it in the oven or on the grill or smoker at approx. 275º and reheat for about an hour or so, or until warmed through. With 10lbs it may take longer than an hour but I would check it and see how it's doing and proceed accordingly.

Of course this depends on your time constraints and what you have access to, oven, grill, smoker, etc.

What Rag said.

So far I have used simmering water, covered pan in the oven and microwave. All worked but simmering water is the best.

Ok guys, i have to run now... thanks for your help... time to put that food handlers permit to work...!!!!!!

:D

SS

I did the apple juice and Wolf Rub Bold in ziploc baggies until warm.. The pulled pork was a hit.. Thanks for all the help over the past year from all of yall... Time for left overs!!!!! :D

Rag said:
Divide it among several zip lock bags and reheat in simmering water.

I had smoked a big pork butt a week before we left on a family vacation and after pulling, split it up and froze it in zip lock bags. Once we were ready to head out my wife placed it in the freezer of our rig. For our third nights dinner we reheated in simmering water, placed the pulled pork on nice soft rolls that I had heated in a pan with real butter, added some bbq sauce and man were they great. We were happy as pigs in a blanket. I’m planning on doing this for every camping trip. Much better then using a microwave or pan.

Toby keil said:
Rag said:
Divide it among several zip lock bags and reheat in simmering water.

I had smoked a big pork butt a week before we left on a family vacation and after pulling, split it up and froze it in zip lock bags. Once we were ready to head out my wife placed it in the freezer of our rig. For our third nights dinner we reheated in simmering water, placed the pulled pork on nice soft rolls that I had heated in a pan with real butter, added some bbq sauce and man were they great. We were happy as pigs in a blanket. I’m planning on doing this for every camping trip. Much better then using a microwave or pan.

Yes sir. Much better than a microwave.. Apple juice ROCKS.. WOLF Rub Bold turned it out the best.. I gave my bottle to another BBQ cook and we were eating ing JB Style.... :shock:

Chuck_050382 said:
i know this is an old topic, but

Do the Ziplock bags hold up to simmering water?

I am cooking a lot of pork this weekend for various friends and will be pulling it for them and packing it in freezer bags. (I dont have a vac sealer yet.)

I wanted to makde a sheet with "suggested Methods of Reheating" to go with the pork.

Thanks
Chuck
Yep it sure did.. I bought the heavy duty freezer bags and had no problems at all.. Have a good time!!! :D

surfinsapo said:
Chuck_050382 said:
i know this is an old topic, but

Do the Ziplock bags hold up to simmering water?

I am cooking a lot of pork this weekend for various friends and will be pulling it for them and packing it in freezer bags. (I dont have a vac sealer yet.)

I wanted to makde a sheet with "suggested Methods of Reheating" to go with the pork.

Thanks
Chuck
Yep it sure did.. I bought the heavy duty freezer bags and had no problems at all.. Have a good time!!! :D
Get as much air out of it as you can, of course, and try to keep the seal above water. They can leak, and it's kinda hard to repair the meat. (DAMHIK. :oops:)

--John

Back
Top Bottom