Best Super Bowl Halftime Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Prince wasn't bad, but no one will ever top U2's show in 2002.
Opening with a current hit, Beautiful Day, with lyrics about
how beautiful things were "after they flood", then during the
hymnlike "MLK" the giant screen with the names of all those
who perished in 9-11 a few months before unfurled...as the
names continued to rise, the opening chords of "Where The
Streets Have No Name" rang out....

You can hear Bono praying "Oh Lord, open my lips, so that I
may sing your praise"...

The rhythm section kicks in and the place is beyond electric..
Near the end of the song, Bono, a frequent critic of US foreign policy, changes the lyrics to "WE go there with you," and opens his vest
to reveal the American flag inside....

The drama was unreal..the country wasn't even sure how to
hold an event like the Super Bowl after that tragedy..and in a span
of about 12 minutes, the bombastic arrogant Irish rockers took
America through a healing process that left many in tears.

Prince wasn't bad, but he wasn't good. I'd have like to have seen
Garth Brooks to this year's show.

ScottyDaQ said:
Uhhh the one with the bewb was pretty cool.

just the bewb though. :oops:

if you like plastic ones. I agree with the Capt. the U2 one was an all time fav and I really wasnt expecting it to be that good...Bono can get old fast

Captian, you hit on my favorite nerve, U2. Seen every tour since 1989. Own every CD. Prince couldnt hold Larry Mullen Jr's drum sticks, IMO. Go Cappy! :cheers

That was great! U2 is AWESOME live!

Larry Mullen couldn't hold Prince's guitar (rhythm and lead), bass guitar, keyboards, horns, music writing, singing, dancing skills to name a few...and the list goes on...poor choice of pointing out deficiencies, Gator. ;)

By the way Larry Mullen couldn't hold Neil Pert's, John Bonham's or Lars Ulrich's drumsticks!!

Oh WTF...PRINCE? The purple boy? Please tell me you dont think !@#$ or whatever his symbol, is better than perhaps one of the top 5 selling bands of all time? O jeeze, Im gonna die. Little Red Corvette? Prince? I'm throwing up on my keyboard. :roll: :D

It was intentional since I would never utter Purple Boy on the same sentance as...well you know.

Puff, Larry Mullen is the drummer for which Neil Pert, John Bonham and Lars Ulrich carry drum sticks. Just kidding.

Gator

gator said:
It was intentional since I would never utter Purple Boy on the same sentance as...well you know.

Puff, Larry Mullen is the drummer for which Neil Pert, John Bonham and Lars Ulrich carry drum sticks. Just kidding.

Gator
Neil is old, Lars.......some movie.......cut his hair :roll:
And John Bonham is dead :shock:
Again I ask.......who is.................

He is the one on the right, drummer for U2.

img_86837_0_2377eb995936da2ad860bed73ad1c83f.jpg

Gator

I bought "Boy" by U2 when I thought they were a cutting edge , cool, "new wave" band. I am definitely in the minority on this one, but I think EVERYTHING they ever did sounds basically the same! I appreciate them, but I find them quite boring and mundane! Now, I have just discovered Tool. There is a GREAT band! I'd like to see them doing "Sober" , "Prison Sex," or "Crawl Away", at the SB halftime show! ;)

ps. I don't usually listen to lyrics much so, if U2 are one of those deep, poetic bands like the Doors (who I also find boring), that would explain why I don't like them.

Woodman said:
I bought "Boy" by U2 when I thought they were a cutting edge , cool, "new wave" band. I am definitely in the minority on this one, but I think EVERYTHING they ever did sounds basically the same! I appreciate them, but I find them quite boring and mundane! Now, I have just discovered Tool. There is a GREAT band! I'd like to see them doing "Sober" , "Prison Sex," or "Crawl Away", at the SB halftime show! ;)

ps. I don't usually listen to lyrics much so, if U2 are one of those deep, poetic bands like the Doors (who I also find boring), that would explain why I don't like them.
You like Tool because of the bass lines you can't play :roll:
(And that boy does whup some ass!)

We also find you boring and mundane :LOL: ;)

Back
Top Bottom