BCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woodman said:
We'll never know now will we Thom? I'm betting a different team might show for those games? Come on now, we only lost ONE game, and that was to the # 2 team in the country! YOU lost to UCLA!!!!!!! ;) Don't go playin that crap here! :roll: :roll: ;)

UC F ING LA yes they won LOL
Well here is the fun part USC will play Ohio St home and away
I think it starts in two years

Really proud of the Buckeyes adding a series like that

wdroller said:
I think a lot of teams could beat Ohio State. They were out-played and out-coached last night.

WEll, the fact of the matter was, only ONE did in the last 19 games! ;)

Ted Ginn would not have made any difference...OSU played POORLY and the Gators played VERY WELL!!!!

Congrats to them! ;)

Woodman said:
wdroller said:
I think a lot of teams could beat Ohio State. They were out-played and out-coached last night.

LOL Wood LOL I told it gets deep when you run it before you win it
The Big Ten is a fine league much like the Pac 10 but its not the SEC

The post-New Years bowl idea needs to be rethought, or else the college season needs to start later. Contenders should meet when they're still at their competitive peak. The BCS stinks. Going for it on 4th down on your own 29 is monumentally stupid.

--John 8)
(Besides that, Ohio State thought the title was owed to them. All opinions free of charge. :D )

D IAA, D II, D III all have playoffs...your telling me you can't have a national playoff system...it would be more of a payoff....

Thom Emery said:
Woodman said:
wdroller said:

LOL Wood LOL I told it gets deep when you run it before you win it
The Big Ten is a fine league much like the Pac 10 but its not the SEC

I'd like to see this theory PROVEN! I keep hearing it, but it is all conjecture and speculation. I mean, Florida BEAT THE HELL OUT OF US!!! No doubt about it, but come on, They are not THAT much better! They lost a game during the season as well. Also, don't give me that luck crap! WE beat most opponents SOUNDLY during the season. Michogon was only close because of two unforced blown snaps! ;) How many teams in the SEC rank in the top ten vs the Big Ten? I really don't know, which is why I am asking. Woody

ed note : I just looked at the season 17 rankings and it looks pretty even to me. 3-3 Big Ten-SEC.

ps. I don't understand what happened to OSU, but I think "choked" would be an apt explanation. I watched that team all year, and, the fact that they did not even show "signs" of mounting a comeback was disturbing. THe other thing that bugs me is this "nobody gave us a chance" cliche that Florida is playing. I gave them a chance and so did every Buckeye fan I know! We did not take them lightly as fans!

wdroller said:
Unity said:
The post-New Years bowl idea needs to be rethought, or else the college season needs to start later. Contenders should meet when they're still at their competitive peak. The BCS stinks. Going for it on 4th down on your own 29 is monumentally stupid.
--John 8)
(Besides that, Ohio State thought the title was owed to them. All opinions free of charge. :D )

Wasn't that in the first half?
Yeah, it was, but I think that failure broke their back. It was only 24-14 when that happened -- not a huge deficit -- but Florida quickly made it 27-14, then 34-14 by half-time. The Buckeyes didn't score in the second half. I've hardly ever seen a more demoralized team. :(

--John 8)
(A die-hard Big Ten fan, even if my team is pathetic. 8) )

Woody
If you take the records of the teams that each OSU and Fl played you may be very surprised. Fl played a much tougher schedule.

The numbers (and I'm doing this off the top of my head) the teams that Fl played had close 20 more wins than the teams OSU did. Much tougher schedule.

Ginn going out early really hurt OSU no question, but even with Ginn in I think FL would have double teamed him to death.

Big East 5-0 in their bowl games so dont give me any crap about not being tough. Any talk of that is just that, talk. UofL Won the Big East championship, Won the Orange Bowl while also beating the spread. Final ranking #6?
There are 4 BCS bowls, my team wins their bcs bowl, and gets ranked 6?
Politics man, politics. It has to be flawed if you consider that there are 4 BCS championship games. Shouldnt the 4 winners of those games be in the top 4? Politics man, politics.

Man a Playoff would get great ratings
lots of folks would turn on the second
round Boise St game
Truth is with the 85 scholarship limit everyone is better
A school like USC or Ohio St cant have 4th tailbacks that could start
at most schools with the limit

Back
Top Bottom