BBQrs in exile...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TexasBlakeWFO said:
The Joker said:
TexasBlakeWFO said:
I'm pretty sure that both of you would be banned from any forum in which abusive words were said about the administrator in PMs.
I don't know about anyone else but, I have a major problem with anyone reading Private Messages. They're called PRIVATE for a reason. :-X :-X

All mesages on TexasBBQRub forum are property of Real Texas BBQ Rub Inc. Both public and private. Just like any email service. If anyone has a problem with that, they can take it to the court system.

I don't read private messages. I run a number of MySQL queries that look for harsh communication every few weeks. There is no harsh treatment allowed on TexasBBQRub forums, both private and public. Especially when you call the administrator a prick.

You might be right, but here we just say it right up front. As a moderator and I hope I speak for Capt. Morgan and Bill and maybe Greg the Admistrator, there are going to be times when you do things that are not going to endear you to some people on the board, you know that going in, there might be some harsh language, Heaven forbid, some name calling, you know that going in. If my skin isn't thick enough to handle it then I shouldn't be a moderator or a BB Administrator.

Don't get me wrong there are some things and some language that just can't be toleratd under any circumstances, but someone calling me a p####k, certainly doesn't rise to that level.

As far as my being a moderator, I truly believe that Private Messages are just that, Private, no matter who owns them, unless there is some evidence of criminal wrongdoing, I have no business, reading anyone's private messages.

Bruce B said:
TexasBlakeWFO said:
[quote="The Joker":1ga4nrrk]
TexasBlakeWFO said:
I'm pretty sure that both of you would be banned from any forum in which abusive words were said about the administrator in PMs.
I don't know about anyone else but, I have a major problem with anyone reading Private Messages. They're called PRIVATE for a reason. :-X :-X

All mesages on TexasBBQRub forum are property of Real Texas BBQ Rub Inc. Both public and private. Just like any email service. If anyone has a problem with that, they can take it to the court system.

I don't read private messages. I run a number of MySQL queries that look for harsh communication every few weeks. There is no harsh treatment allowed on TexasBBQRub forums, both private and public. Especially when you call the administrator a prick.

You might be right, but here we just say it right up front. As a moderator and I hope I speak for Capt. Morgan and Bill and maybe Greg the Admistrator, there are going to be times when you do things that are not going to endear you to some people on the board, you know that going in, there might be some harsh language, Heaven forbid, some name calling, you know that going in. If my skin isn't thick enough to handle it then I shouldn't be a moderator or a BB Administrator.

Don't get me wrong there are some things and some language that just can't be toleratd under any circumstances, but someone calling me a p####k, certainly doesn't rise to that level.

As far as my being a moderator, I truly believe that Private Messages are just that, Private, no matter who owns them, unless there is some evidence of criminal wrongdoing, I have no business, reading anyone's private messages.[/quote:1ga4nrrk]

Another well put "class" post!!! =D> Now maybe if Bill can get Kathy to type for him he can reply as well. Cappy says it like it is and is always a class act, he'll even buy you a nice frosty drink! :eek:

Well I like the Texas site too, but just don't have time to keep
up with it. I will say, this is the only forum on the net I know of
where anyone can speak freely without fear of pissing off a sponsor.
That's why I like it... we can compare rubs, sauces, woods, grills, any
product, and learn from the discussion.

Very little deleting gets done here. We don't want personal attacks,
but we let a little fight go on sometimes as long as it's fairly civil.

We created a Blue Room that is no holds barred. You can go in there
and fight it out all you want. You must ask Greg to be allowed in.
It's really not that bad in there.

Just keep in mind we do have some teenagers who are members here,
and we like to keep the profanity and sexual innuendo under control.
expecially in the cooking sections. Most of the time, I just go in and
edit out the offensive words, but leave the post and thread alone.

Welcome!! Let's talk Q!

jshively said:
Captain Morgan said:
Well I like the Texas site too, but just don't have time to keep

Welcome!! Let's talk Q!

Sounds good and my type of place.
If only it were all true!! :razz: :razz: :razz: :!:

The Joker said:
jshively said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":24iw4z3h]Well I like the Texas site too, but just don't have time to keep

Welcome!! Let's talk Q!

If only it were all true!! :razz: :razz: :razz: :!:[/quote:24iw4z3h]

That's it, you're banned.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="The Joker":kyyk0eto]
jshively said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":kyyk0eto]Well I like the Texas site too, but just don't have time to keep

Welcome!! Let's talk Q!

If only it were all true!! :razz: :razz: :razz: :!:[/quote:kyyk0eto]

That's it, you're banned.[/quote:kyyk0eto]
:ack: That's ok, 'cause ......

That's it! I'm outta here!!! :lmao:

jshively said:
Greg Rempe said:
So here's the deal...It seems some members from the TXBBQRUB site have been banned. Whether they played by the rules or not is none of my concern as it is not my board to run. What was done there is indeed just that...DONE!

This forum is not going to be a vehicle to bash anyone from the Texas site as it is also not going to be a vehicle for someone to bash the former members.

I have a great respect for Bill and Craig over at the Texas site. I will not let this turn in to a fight over who's right and who's wrong. I am more than happy to have all who wish to join stay here at BBQ-4-U. We do have rules here too...but I DO NOT read private messages!!

I'm not saying anyone has crossed any lines yet...just trying to not have to lock a thread for once. I appreciate all of you showing some restraint here in this General Discussion section.

Day 1 posting and I may get the honor of the first locked thread. See this is the legacy I wish to leave for my future kids (none yet that I am aware of).
Don't feel bad my wife almost go me banned before she was a member. :bow:

You know what? This is getting old and boring. Can't we all just go back to calling each other names, questioning each other's sexual tendencies, telling Rempe to get off the porch sometime, him calling me fat, Woodman soliciting young farm animals, and just having a great time all in the process? All in fun.

I don't need to hear how other boards are run. He can do what he wants and we'll do what we want. He runs a good board and has rules and I post there occassionally. Rempe runs a good board and has no rules, well almost none.

Hey Jay, Kirk and others...welcome aboard. Now get access to the blue room and let's have some $#$%ing fun!!! :hug:

jshively said:
Uncle Bubba said:
You know what? This is getting old and boring. Can't we all just go back to calling each other names, questioning each other's sexual tendencies, telling Rempe to get off the porch sometime, him calling me fat, Woodman soliciting young farm animals, and just having a great time all in the process? All in fun.

I don't need to hear how other boards are run. He can do what he wants and we'll do what we want. He runs a good board and has rules and I post there occassionally. Rempe runs a good board and has no rules, well almost none.

Hey Jay, Kirk and others...welcome aboard. Now get access to the blue room and let's have some $#$%ing fun!!! :hug:

There is a tear in my eye. I think I will call this place home. Who is going to be my daddy? Mommy needs to be about 5'3", blonde, etc.

PM greg for blue room access is how I am understanding this goes?
He specifically told me to use board email. 8-[

brian j said:
Puff said:
Welcome aboard guy's, look forward to talkin' to ya' :!:
5 pages of bitching and moaning and all you have to say is "welcome aboard..." is this the real puff or an imposter?
This is the nice, polite(I haven't a beer yet) Puff :!:
After reading 5 pages of people pissing and moaning, it kind of just made may sh*%#y day a little better. It'll be nice to see some new blood around here :grin:

Bully Bully

Never visited the Texas site so no opinion offered. Welcome aboard all you misfits and black sheep!

BTW, I reconnoitered the blue room and thought it should be call the pink room.

I'm walking softly now to avoid being hit with a big stick.

Why cant we all just get along? Tried TP jelly for the first time this weekend. My scores are going UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [-o<

The Joker said:
jshively said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":2xlad5c6]You know what? This is getting old and boring. Can't we all just go back to calling each other names, questioning each other's sexual tendencies, telling Rempe to get off the porch sometime, him calling me fat, Woodman soliciting young farm animals, and just having a great time all in the process? All in fun.

There is a tear in my eye. I think I will call this place home. Who is going to be my daddy? Mommy needs to be about 5'3", blonde, etc.

He specifically told me to use board email. 8-[[/quote:2xlad5c6]

You always say how high when Rempe says jump? :!:

100:1 says you don't. :rules: :lmao:

Uncle Bubba said:
[quote="The Joker":3p0zop73]
jshively said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":3p0zop73]You know what? This is getting old and boring. Can't we all just go back to calling each other names, questioning each other's sexual tendencies, telling Rempe to get off the porch sometime, him calling me fat, Woodman soliciting young farm animals, and just having a great time all in the process? All in fun.

He specifically told me to use board email. 8-[[/quote:3p0zop73]

You always say how high when Rempe says jump? :!:

100:1 says you don't. :rules: :lmao:[/quote:3p0zop73]
Make it 1,000:1 and you're getting closer. :grin: I'm just recalling my request to da masta..It was via PM and while he granted me access (only because he knew me), he did mention that I should have used board email. :) 8-[ (No, I didn't save that one...)

I would hope that either way would work! :grin:

DaleP said:
Why cant we all just get along? Tried TP jelly for the first time this weekend. My scores are going UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [-o<

Just don't substitute it for KY jelly. (Or vice-versa.) :winkie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom