BBQ Sauce contest..Big News!!! Lee Ann is judging!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3ujx7zda][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3ujx7zda]Hey Cappy. I have Eggmasters (addicted to BBQ) permission to post this contest on his site if you want me too. Just let me know.

Bill wait till we have everything finalized please. I was gonna talk to Jeff about this anyways.[/quote:3ujx7zda]

OOPS, sorry Larry. Already posted.[/quote:3ujx7zda]

So I saw...... no biggie.

ok, I just talked to Lee Ann..she loves me like everyone else in
the bbq world!

She was dying for me to enter my sauce so she could taste it
but I told her no, wouldn't be fair.

We're on, you've got a little over a week to get your sauce ready,
official rules and info coming up soon!!!

Captain Morgan said:
ok, I just talked to Lee Ann..she loves me like everyone else in
the bbq world!

She was dying for me to enter my sauce so she could taste it
but I told her no, wouldn't be fair.

We're on, you've got a little over a week to get your sauce ready,
official rules and info coming up soon!!!
Cappy if she's judging..you should be able to enter your sauce..after all it's MJs favorite.

I'll settle for the undying love and respect of Lee Ann.

The movement to make each sauce unmarked is growing.
I don't think it's necessary, but you better state your case
pretty quick on this issue.

I love blind judging, but again, I don't think it's necessary
in this case.

Captain Morgan said:
I'll settle for the undying love and respect of Lee Ann.

The movement to make each sauce unmarked is growing.
I don't think it's necessary, but you better state your case
pretty quick on this issue.

I love blind judging, but again, I don't think it's necessary
in this case

I agree. Lee Ann doesnt know us. Plus I think it adds a little more trouble for you. Let them stand on there merit. JMHO.

I know the details aren't finalized, but>>>>>> we'll be judged on packaging ???? I know it was mentioned back up there somewhere...whooda thunk ??? :shock: lol mark me down for a zero.. I'm sending it in, in a mason jar.. maybe a liitle raffia, and a bow, with some ribbon if it helps my scores lol :LOL: if that is what you are looking for!!!! :?

Yup mine will be sent in a mason jar as well.

Safest to pack it with bubbles.

:)

Ok it is ready where do I send it.

Jim and I are having a teleconference tomorrow and should have more details posted afterwards!!!

As far as the packaging, just get it to the destination safely and without leaking. Other than that put it in a ziploc bag if you need to!!! Mason Jars however are ideal for this.

So it there a rule against me using a $100 bill as a label for my entry? BTW, the judge can keep the jar as long as I win.

out of sheer curiosity.. when is the " ship" date.. lotta people will be at comps this w/e... so late next week, or so, will be more better :idea:

all details will be announced this morning.

I can say, after talking with Lee Ann, the sauce will not be
judged on packaging.

Flavor will be the sole criteria.

NOTICE!!!! Details and rules will be posted this morning. But the deadline for Cappy receiving the sauce is gonna be next Wednesday 23 May 2007. So this is a heads up to get your sauce ready!

Cliff H. said:
That is kind of short notice Larry, but I am still in.

I agree. I sent an e-mail to Jim to find out why. Hopefully it will be extended. Sorry......

Larry Wolfe said:
NOTICE!!!! Details and rules will be posted this morning. But the deadline for Cappy receiving the sauce is gonna be next Wednesday 23 May 2007. So this is a heads up to get your sauce ready!

So we don't have rules or an official contest announcement yet.... But we have to have entrys to the judge in 7 days?!?!?!?! :? :? :?

What's up with that?

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:

So we don't have rules or an official contest announcement yet.... But we have to have entrys to the judge in 7 days?!?!?!?! :? :? :?

What's up with that?

I was just giving you a heads up Finney. As stated before, the rules will be posted this morning. Make your sauce tonight and get it in the mail tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom