BBQ Pitmasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to watch in a bit...have it DVR'ed from last night. There seem to be a number of people that think this show is NOT good for bbq at all. The folks who are in this season aren't a good "representation" of who bbq folks really are.

I think at this point, any exposure is good...and who doesn't love some good smack talk?!! :)

From what I've seen it's a pretty spot on as far as comps go...except the loaded people haven't show up yet...

I like the show but whats funny is they never get the grandchampion. You would think as many Grand Championships they have that they would place high all the time. Now I dont feel so bad taking 5th and 6th place in any cookoff.

bigsal51 said:
I like the show but whats funny is they never get the grandchampion. You would think as many Grand Championships they have that they would place high all the time. Now I dont feel so bad taking 5th and 6th place in any cookoff.

I like the fact that it shows that the "Bigshots" can be beat. I am hoping that anyone thinking of competing, can see this show and think, "hey, If I cook good stuff, I do have a shot at this" Tuffy has only been doing this for 5 years and look how far he has come.

Gary in VA said:
bigsal51 said:

I like the fact that it shows that the "Bigshots" can be beat. I am hoping that anyone thinking of competing, can see this show and think, "hey, If I cook good stuff, I do have a shot at this" Tuffy has only been doing this for 5 years and look how far he has come.

Anyone can win at any given time its comes down to the taste buds of the judges and the skill of the Pit Master and crew. I happen to like the show , there is just no pleasing every one. If ya look past all the drama and the griping ya just might learn something.

WalterSC said:
Gary in VA said:
bigsal51 said:

Anyone can win at any given time its comes down to the taste buds of the judges and the skill of the Pit Master and crew. I happen to like the show , there is just no pleasing every one. If ya look past all the drama and the griping ya just might learn something.
Aint that the truth. There is just no pleasing every one. I get into it when ever cooking for George at the store. SOB, it has to be his way, or highway. (that's why I don't cook there any more) I swear, you can give out a thousand pork butts, and you will get ten thousand reasons why who did what with that butt. I love cooking on the high holy hardware pits at the store, but getting yelled at cuz a pit goes above 225F? Not this cat. I don't judge any more, I'm happy to work the turn in window. Some folk think just because they take the KCBS class makes them a CBJ. Evan if they have no smoker, and never did BBQ in there life. :roll: :x

Pigs

wittdog said:
From what I've seen it's a pretty spot on as far as comps go...except the loaded people haven't show up yet...

Didn't you see that guy getting in Johnny Triggs face last week, he was so loaded I thought he was going to fall over :D

bbquzz said:
wittdog said:

Didn't you see that guy getting in Johnny Triggs face last week, he was so loaded I thought he was going to fall over :D
I saw it but up here...1/3 of the teams are like that guy....
If you think Myron gets bleeped alot....come to a comp with Uncle Bubba...If it wasn't for me to lighten him up and be the calm voice of reason.....

wittdog said:
bbquzz said:
wittdog said:

If you think Myron gets bleeped alot....come to a comp with Uncle Bubba...If it wasn't for me to lighten him up and be the calm voice of reason.....

I may have to make a trip through Western NY this Spring just to meet all of you. It sound like a great crew.

bbquzz said:
wittdog said:
bbquzz said:
wittdog said:

I may have to make a trip through Western NY this Spring jus, t to meet all of you. It sound like a great crew.
No, Bubba is grumpy as hell, Wittdog has to wake my drucken ass up from the van. But it is fun. :LOL:

Pigs

I just can't believe how naive the "ROCK n ROLL" kid Paul is... Did he do ANY research... like ANY ?

But hey.... I've never smoked grapes...so he must know something that we're all missing. ;)

Off topic, but does anyone read lips? What's Scotty's new avatar saying (looks like "G.. d... your ass" to me). :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom