BBQ joints in Memphis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've eaten at Interstate and would describe their BBQ as disappointing at best. Why it gets all the rave reviews, I can't understand. Ribs were fatty and tough. The best thing I ate there was the desert, a personal size lemon cake that was served warm. It was delicious. Beans were fair,
and the BBQ spaghetti was too rich for my taste.

Rendevous was the best of the so called BBQ places that I ate at, although it can hardly be described as BBQ. Ribs are grilled over a gas fire. They use a dry rub that is applied after the ribs are finished. BBQ sauce is served separately at the table. The ribs (loinbacks) were good but its not barbecue.

corkys is another smaill chain. theres one in nashville too. i went a couple of times years ago when the nashville one opened. nothing to write home about. rendezvous is decent for the ambience and the wait staff that has been there since dirt...and knows how to make you feel at home. other than that...youre better off cooking your own

I've eaten at Central BBQ, Interstate, and the Rendezvous and rate them in that order. Also have heard that the Commissary in Germantown is good but haven't made it there yet.

Central was good the time I ate there. The take out's were good the next day too. Interstate may vary some. I've eaten some pretty good take out ribs from there but in the shop they were so so - definitely have had better. The Rendezvous is mostly atmosphere and hype.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom