BBQ GURU PODCAST...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Airboss said:
The Joker said:
You're demeanor on this board has been to argue with everyone ~ I call that fighting.

Yeah! Plus, if I want to argue and fight, I'll go to work.

Which reminds me: I gotta get that book "How To Repair Your Vernacular" out to BBQMMM."

:beach:
4.gif

TexLaw said:
I can hardly believe that this post went as far as it did. I can hardly believe that as many of you kept this silly playground argument going as long as you did. A few of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

TL

Well...well... So's yer ol' man!

Airboss said:
TexLaw said:
I can hardly believe that this post went as far as it did. I can hardly believe that as many of you kept this silly playground argument going as long as you did. A few of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

TL

Well...well... So's yer ol' man!

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

I have noticed a slight "odor" coming from certain bags of K-ford. Kind of "cloroxy" if you know what I mean. I start mine with a weedburner and the initial startup smells like asphalt then goes to bleach then nothing. These smells usually goes away after about 15 minutes of burn in a chimney. I do know that Royal oak briquettes and humphries have more of a wood smell to them than K-ford. I can't really say I've noticed a bad taste in my food but then I don't cook over "fresh" coals anyways...always preheated to get rid of the nasty smelling stuff. I use whatever I have at the time.

As a note, everyone's pallet is different. What one may experience may be something more sensitive than anothers and so on. Having recently taken a KCBS judges class it is interesting to hear the comments on the various tastes in the food from all the people in the class...on the same food. I think there is no right or wrong way to do this...whatever works for you is what is best. Just cook. :!: :!: :!: :!:

I have recently been taking a new blood pressure medicine and my taste buds seem to be out of whack. Nothing taste good really and that my friends isnt great. BBQMMM have you ever, now not wanting to start a debate, but have you given one thought that it could be your taste buds? I have been useing K ford for ever and to me it has an off sort of smell when first lit but I like my finished product. great temp control too.

Well i know for a fact that it's my taste buds,i can taste that K coal the next day!Hey i see if your lighting it for grilling,but to bank it and burn for hours? I don't think so.Maybe if you get used to it by cooking plenty of food with it then you don't notice it,but is that a good thing?I know if natural lump went up 9000% in price and i was using lump,i'd go so far as too sell my cooker and cook in a trash can.IMFO.
Now DaleP remember your blood pressure,don't get mad.

Uncle Bubba said:
I have noticed a slight "odor" coming from certain bags of K-ford. Kind of "cloroxy" if you know what I mean.

Sounds like you might have gotten ahold of a shipment bound for Canada, Bubba! :D

10 pages long...and a lot of pages that have nothing to do with thanking Fred for doing the podcast...that was the original topic here btw!

Thanks to everyone for contributing to another great thread #-o

DONE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom