BBQ GURU PODCAST...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Wolfe said:
Can't we all just get along? Who said that?

I know boyz will be boys but is there a little too much passion around this Guru dealeo? I should think people would want to hear more about the great brisket accomplishment of yesterday, 10/15. No Guru, no charcoal, just me and Mrs. Airboss performing miracles in the Florida sun with the aid of BBQ-4-U's collective genious. Before you ask, fat side down.

Which reminds me: Today's football! I gotta get my bets down. Welcome back Ricky. Got a light?

:beach:

Here's my 2 cents. IF you already have the main chambers up to cooking temp, and IF you have a really good bed of hot wood ashes, then MAYBE if you added several logs strategically placed in the firebox, AND closed off all fresh air to the firebox except what the Guru was going to use, the Guru MIGHT just work on a big offset using only wood.

But, if you're getting up every 60-90 minutes like I do now to throw a log or two in the firebox, you are already regulating the temps.

If you are using a Guru and are up every 60-90 minutes to add a log to the fire, what good is the Guru? Maybe a little more accurate on your cooking temps but enough to really make a difference? And at a cost of what, $300?

Kloset BBQR said:
And for the charcoal purists, lump could be their fuel of choice.

What ever do you mean by charcoal purists?Anyone who uses the K brand of charcoal has no taste buds whatsoever!And before we get all those saying"yeah but it wins in competitions"well then these judges have no tastebuds whatsoever #-o Also have been noticing that whenever someone say's they use allwood in they're cooking they're called a "purist" well i say "********" If you can make it taste better than do it [-X

BBQmmm said:
Kloset BBQR said:

What ever do you mean by charcoal purists?Anyone who uses the K brand of charcoal has no taste buds whatsoever!And before we get all those saying"yeah but it wins in competitions"well then these judges have no tastebuds whatsoever #-o Also have been noticing that whenever someone say's they use allwood in they're cooking they're called a "purist" well i say "********" If you can make it taste better than do it [-X

Sounds like you've taken home quite a few First Place Awards.

BBQmmm said:
Kloset BBQR said:

[-X Nope ~ Not today!! [-X

:grin: :grin: :grin:

BBQmmm said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Sounds like you've taken home quite a few First Place Awards.

Haven't lost a competition yet :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Meaning what? You haven't been to one yet?? :eek: :-# :-# :-#

Just been in one competition in "my backyard" with 4 competitors,,,read:"smaller friends" and i won! and i'm officially retired. :grin:

BBQmmm said:
Kloset BBQR said:

I have noticed when a cook can't make good Q with Kingsford it must be the coals, couldn't be the cook. Do you have opinions on anything you have a clue about the subect?

Jim

BBQmmm said:
Just been in one competition in "my backyard" with 4 competitors,,,read:"smaller friends" and i won! and i'm officially retired. :grin:
Your Honor, the prosecution rests. :broom:

jminion said:
I have noticed when a cook can't make good Q with Kingsford it must be the coals, couldn't be the cook. Do you have opinions on anything you have a clue about the subect?

Jim

Yeah i have an opinion,seems those that can't taste the stink of Kingsford in their final product like to save a few buks on their fuel,I only once burned the stinky briquets and put them out,now i have eaten BBQ made with K briquets and i can taste the crap they put in the concoction of the chemical they call Kingsford,hey if you can't notice a difference J Minion then by all means keep using.

I will keep using the Kingsford, thank you! Works just fine for me and I'm not trying to save a buck, I just prefer to use the best on the market!

Ok now i know you must be kidding,the best on the market? We must be talking about 2 different products then,Kingsford briquets in the blue/white bag is what i'm talking about,you must be talking about some other brand.

BBQmmm said:
Ok now i know you must be kidding,the best on the market? We must be talking about 2 different products then,Kingsford briquets in the blue/white bag is what i'm talking about,you must be talking about some other brand.
I would really like to know why you feel compelled to fight with everyone? Seriously!!

Who's fighting? You really should think about getting some help.
I made an observation about stinky charcoal,you have a problem with that?

You're demeanor on this board has been to argue with everyone ~ I call that fighting.

The Joker said:
You're demeanor on this board has been to argue with everyone ~ I call that fighting.

Well well well,"my" demeanor, :grin: :grin: coming from the same guy who couldn't argue his point and started name calling. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: =D> =D> =D> your a classic Joker, :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom