BBQ CENTRAL NEEDS YOUR HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
As you are all fully aware BBQ Central has been having major problems over the past week. Greg has been diligently trying to resolve this problem but the Host is being very uncooperative in the resolution. Greg really wants to switch providers in order to give us all great uninterrupted service, but there is alot of money tied up with the current provider that is not guaranteed to be refunded once the service is switched to a more reliable and better customer oriented provider. Now here's where we can show our support to continue to make BBQ Central the best BBQ Forum on the web. So I'm asking, not Greg that we all contribute a couple bucks to help resolve this problem. If you have $10 or $20 that would be fantastic, if you only have buck or two that's fine too, it'll all add up and help prevent the problem of BBQ Central inaccessibility in the future!

How do you contribute? Go to the home page and CLICK HERE! It's as easy as that!

Or use the button below
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="bbq4uads@gmail.com">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="BBQ Central Hosting Drive">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">
<input type="hidden" name="bn" value="PP-DonationsBF">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
pixel.gif

</form>

I sent my $40 in. We really should help Greg out on this. [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Even if it's only $5. For the amount of time most of us are on this board and the relationships and friendships that have emerged from here...it's the least we could ALL do.

Uncle Bubba said:
I sent my $40 in. We really should help Greg out on this. [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Even if it's only $5. For the amount of time most of us are on this board and the relationships and friendships that have emerged from here...it's the least we could ALL do.

Yep!

How much money is needed to get a first class host?

Maybe one our talented guys could set up one of those united way type thermomemter type things that could show us the goal and and how close to the goal we are each day. I think that would inspire people to contribute even small amounts to the cause.

Just a suggestion for what its worth.

Well I would be glad to send money but unfortunantly as the Liquor Control Boy up in Wilbarger County was fond of saying.. I am so broke I couldnt afford to buy a sick whore a bowl of oatmeal. If things improve I will send some.

bigwheel

No one should feel obligated to send anything...it doesn't mean you don't support the site. If you can spare something and you feel it is a worth while effort then it is appreciated!

By the way, the first 4 guys covered the cost of the first year...JB's donation really kicked it up! So anything I collect for the rest of the week will go in to a "hosting" expense account and will be used for that express purpose!

The package I am getting is on sale right now but the service is great and there is a real tech support team, which I have talked to on the phone so I am waiting for the email to start the transition!

Thanks again and thanks to those who will donate during the upcoming week!

Greg Rempe said:
No one should feel obligated to send anything...it doesn't mean you don't support the site. If you can spare something and you feel it is a worth while effort then it is appreciated!

By the way, the first 4 guys covered the cost of the first year...JB's donation really kicked it up! So anything I collect for the rest of the week will go in to a "hosting" expense account and will be used for that express purpose!
The package I am getting is on sale right now but the service is great and there is a real tech support team, which I have talked to on the phone so I am waiting for the email to start the transition!

If that doesn't show the type of guy Rempe is, then I don't know what will........... There are people out there that would have collected as much as they could have and profited from it!!! He's not all that bad for someone who used to be black and got shot in the arm at one time and is THE reason this forum exhists!! (long story)! Thanks Greg for the board and to everyone who makes it the best BBQ Forum on the net!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1bt260az]No one should feel obligated to send anything...it doesn't mean you don't support the site. If you can spare something and you feel it is a worth while effort then it is appreciated!

If that doesn't show the type of guy Rempe is, then I don't know what will........... There are people out there that would have collected as much as they could have and profited from it!!! He's not all that bad for someone who used to be black and got shot in the arm at one time and is THE reason this forum exhists!! (long story)! Thanks Greg for the board and to everyone who makes it the best BBQ Forum on the net!!![/quote:1bt260az]

You two should get a room. :roll:

I recommend using Bluehost. I've used them for the last few years and the customer serice is top notch. I've had zero down time, and best of all, they speak English. Not Indish!

Love2<º((((>< said:
I recommend using Bluehost. I've used them for the last few years and the customer serice is top notch. I've had zero down time, and best of all, they speak English. Not Indish!

Good enough reasoning for me!! Isn't if funny though when you call for Tech Help and a man answers the phone and he identifies himself as "Johnny" and it's very obvious his name is NOT Johnny but probably more like Baboo or Haji?. Do they think that since he says his name is Johnny that will will understand him better? Same think with the women, they answer the phone with the same accents a Haji's wife at the local 7-11, but says "hello my name is Lisa". Come on!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Love2<º((((><":2c9akpd5]I recommend using Bluehost. I've used them for the last few years and the customer serice is top notch. I've had zero down time, and best of all, they speak English. Not Indish!

Good enough reasoning for me!! Isn't if funny though when you call for Tech Help and a man answers the phone and he identifies himself as "Johnny" and it's very obvious his name is NOT Johnny but probably more like Baboo or Haji?. Do they think that since he says his name is Johnny that will will understand him better? Same think with the women, they answer the phone with the same accents a Haji's wife at the local 7-11, but says "hello my name is Lisa". Come on!!![/quote:2c9akpd5]

I usually re-name them by the time the call is finished.

Thanks again to those who have already donated! I will leave this thread up for another week as the site was down for a little bit! :shock: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom