barbecue championship series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I am sure a lot of effort went into producing the show but like a true BBQ judge I can only judge the final product put in front of me. To me the show focused more on the judges than the cooks. Sorry but I have to give it a three. A very sorry finished product for a show I had high hopes for.

Wow, sorry to hear you guy's dislike the show so much. Sounds like you probably won't watch any more episodes, that's to bad. Next week has Mike Davis, the best BBQ cook in the world, against Joe Davidson and my good buddy Hillard Pouncy AKA Mr. Earl in egg land. Hillard cooks in the Mid Al antic area and is a collage proffer at Princeton and a lunatic.

I'll probably watch it also. I wish they could take all the clips that didn't make it and put together a show that focuses more on the cooks and the preparation of the meat . Maybe they can bring it out on DVD...............the Barbecue Directors Cut!

I guess my point is that the show is about the cooks, not technique. I thought it was just like Ray when he took a taste of JD, I loved that. I also sensed that the judges saw the true spirit of competition BBQ cooking in the comradery between the cooks.

I also thought the most interesting thing was that the cooks could add ( I think it was 5-6 items) to the pantry and what items they chose to use. Head Country and Blues Hog made appearances.

Could the show be better? Sure it could but I don't think beating up the sponsors or format is the answer. I like this seasons show better, the shows an hour and there are more cooks involved.

I don't know who talked to Dirty Dick ( Ray's assistant "Richard") at Oinktoberfest but he had some good stories including that they made a big comeback on a show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom