Bad ride home..............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well these type crashes are commonly called HIA..meaning either hit in *ss or head in *ss depending on the local eubonics. Plainly a case of the driver of the Mercedes being guilty of whut is called "Failure to keep a proper lookout."

bigwheel

Larry,

Sorry to hear of the accident. I betcha I know the one word you said when all the vehicles stopped moving !!!!!! Be thankfull that there were no serious injuries.

Al

Got the rental already. A Nissan Frontier, ehh............ It's not my Tacoma to say the least! But it'll get me through. Was just back outside assessing the damage and noticed there's a huge gap between the cab and the bed, not sure if that means the frame is bent or what. I kinda wish the damn thing was totaled, because it'll never be fixed or run the way it did before. Not even 2 years old....

I remember when you got it. Right after I got my Tacoma some guy
backed into the hood in a parking lot. No where near totaled, but I felt
like it was permanently besmirched.

Sorry to hear of the bad luck. That type of accident is real common and Florida Law sounds similar. If the car is ahead of you and suffers rear end damage then yer probably at fault. Sucks but Insurance will help. They had scams further south on I95 where teams of 2 cars would box you in, one in front and one on the side, and jam on the brakes. You hit at least one of them.Both cars being in on it would file the report with the cops saying it was yer fault and file bogus insurance claims usually paid for totaled cars and bogus medical complaints.
Glad yer OK the truck can be fixed ;)

Dude, that sucks. I know the feeling however. I hit a huge plastic thingy in the road the other day and it tore my signal light right out of the socket. Little damage to the fender. (This is my 94 Honda Accord) not the new truck. :roll:

Don't get on this site enough...Damn glad you okay, Larry. Glad no one was with you and nothing was hurt but the truck.

BigGQ said:
Don't get on this site enough...Damn glad you okay, Larry. Glad no one was with you and nothing was hurt but the truck.
Me too.

Larry, you live too close to Northern Virginia, where drivers don't know what the hell they're doing but they do it way too fast anyhow. Be thankful you don't live right in the middle of it. :( :)

--John 8)
(Maybe you'd oughta go to court and present your POV about the ticket.)

Two months to the day and many nightmares involved in getting my truck fixed, it's finally home and seems to be fixed now. Total cost ended up being right around $13,500. That includes having to take it back for stuff that wasn't fixed correctly. I still wish the damn truck would have been totalled, because this whole ordeal was one hell of a headache!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
Two months to the day and many nightmares involved in getting my truck fixed, it's finally home and seems to be fixed now. Total cost ended up being right around $13,500. That includes having to take it back for stuff that wasn't fixed correctly. I still wish the damn truck would have been totalled, because this whole ordeal was one hell of a headache!!!

$13,5 :shock: dang larry, you coulda gotten urself another one of them toyotas for that price [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

SteerCrazy said:
Larry Wolfe said:

$13,5 :shock: dang larry, you coulda gotten urself another one of them toyotas for that price [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Only cost me $250 for now, but the insurance company will phuck me later!!

Back
Top Bottom