Bacon Hot Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm. Sounds yummy in da tummy to me. Hey now you have forced me into a brilliant idear here. Why dont somebody grab a big gallon jug of Franks or whutever they peddle at Sam's and combine it with a pound or two of fried bacon and give it a whirl in the Quizenart. Little additional cayenne for them who think Franks aint a bit hot. We could bottle it up and peddle it for a bunch. Maybe get some lables off Pigs. Just guessing of course. Or a person could just get their favorite hotsauce and keep it at the table and sprinkle it on the bacon prior to eating. I like to not thunk of that angle.

bigwheel

Im with BW... Home made bacon hot sauce sounds like the ticket. Especially if it costs more to make then to buy ! The local resteraunt supply has gallons of Franks...

It taste a bit like smoke but not really getting that bacon flavor going on. The guy in the video said they did not use pigs to make it but the label states natural flavors. It was ok on chicken but not bacony enough for me. I have a Peri Peri recipe I am going to replace the olive oil with bacon fat and see how it goes. Wish I had better news to report. As a hot sauce its not bad, it's just not pulling off a nice bacon flavor that I expected.

Maybe I should send it to Scotty to 'Wing' test.

Goya makes small packets of real intense smoked ham flavor. Find it in the Mexican markets. Back when I was a kid they sold dry pintos with a pack of similar stuff attached to the bag or on top of the beans etc. Mighty flavorful stuff. Fact I knowed an old moss back grand prize winning bean cook who neva left home without the stuff. Use that and tell em its bacon. That should work.

bigwheel

bknox said:
It taste a bit like smoke but not really getting that bacon flavor going on. The guy in the video said they did not use pigs to make it but the label states natural flavors. It was ok on chicken but not bacony enough for me. I have a Peri Peri recipe I am going to replace the olive oil with bacon fat and see how it goes. Wish I had better news to report. As a hot sauce its not bad, it's just not pulling off a nice bacon flavor that I expected.

Maybe I should send it to Scotty to 'Wing' test.

Might be good on some fried eggs, or an omelet.

Sounds like a good flavor booster to me. Have noted in pintos it needs to be added real close to the end or it loses the flavor purty quick. As Joe Ames always taught me..If it smells good you are wasting it cuz all the flavor it going away with the steam. Or something similar to that. Maybe it would maintain the goodies in sealed up hot sauce. Best of fortunes in playing around with it.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Sounds like a good flavor booster to me. Have noted in pintos it needs to be added real close to the end or it loses the flavor purty quick. As Joe Ames always taught me..If it smells good you are wasting it cuz all the flavor it going away with the steam. Or something similar to that. Maybe it would maintain the goodies in sealed up hot sauce. Best of fortunes in playing around with it.

bigwheel

I miss Joe!

Pigs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom