Attention- J. Wheeler? Need Recipe for white tail chili...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Senior Wheeler, Do you have a recipe ready for me to make some "white tail deer" chili? I have a hind quarter ready to chop up and use. I want a east recipe with limited riddles inclosed. Can you help? Scotty, you have suggestions? Thanks... Oh JW. The answer is: to get to the other side of the road.

SS..

wittdog said:
BW would tell you to open up a can of Hormel...its much mo cheaper :LOL:

And to use enhanced whitetail cuz it's mo betta!

Sapo, make the chili as you would with beef.

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
BW would tell you to open up a can of Hormel...its much mo cheaper :LOL:

And to use enhanced whitetail cuz it's mo betta!

Sapo, make the chili as you would with beef.

Don't forget the fort wurt water cuz it's mo betta. In a pinch though, you could use toilet water, it's probably a bit sweeter!

Sapo,

in addition to the venison, you might want to add some pork breakfast sausage or some ground chuck (80/20, 77/23) to add some fat, venison is pretty lean. Maybe 2lbs venison to 1/2 to 1lb of the sausage or chuck. Just my .02

Woodman said:
Two words, chocolate and cinnamon!

For anyone who thinks he's kidding, try it! It really does work with chili! Other than that, don't believe a word he says! :LOL:

Hey Sapo. Try Wick Fowlers 2 Alarm dry chili fixings commonly available at every grocery store in the world. Need one kit for each two pounds of meat. Follow the directions.

bigwheel

It must be "mexican chocolate" though. Abuela, or Ibarra brands are commonly available. It already has cinnamon and nutmeg incorporated!

I tweaked Lady Bird Johnson's Pedernales chili:
chili.jpg

It's simmering right now... My friends polished off the pinto beans & enhanced baby backs for lunch today.... ;)

Oughta be good Senor Sapo. Know LBJ liked it. Great plan. Whut kinda chili powder did you use..if you dont mind a person being nosey of course:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Oughta be good Senor Sapo. Know LBJ liked it. Great plan. Whut kinda chili powder did you use..if you dont mind a person being nosey of course:)

bigwheel

Gephardt Chili - :D

Ok thanks. Hard to beat Gebhart's. Thats the kind my Mama always kept up in the cabinet but they called it Eagle Brand back in them days. Ain't sure whut she done with the stuff. I know we had one small bottle which stayed up in the cabinet for at least 20 years or so. Recall one time I decided to sprinkle some of the pintos and it wouldnt come out very good so I shook it and ate some..then dug around in it with a knife and sprinkled out some mo and ate some mo beans. Finally bothered to look down in there and I see all these little white maggot looking worms sticking their heads up in the air and waving around. I guess it must have reached the expiry date or something.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom