[ARTICLE] Man finds human leg in smoker purchased at auction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molson

Cook
Man finds human leg in smoker purchased at auction
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

MAIDEN, North Carolina - Police say a North Carolina man opened up a smoker he bought at auction and saw what he thought was a piece of driftwood wrapped in paper.

When he unwrapped it, he found a human leg, cut off about six centimetres above the knee.

The smoker had been sold at an auction of items left behind at a storage facility, so investigators contacted the mother and son who had rented the space where the smoker was found.

The mother explained her son had his leg amputated after a plane crash and kept the leg following the surgery (most children would have settled for a lollipop).

The mother says her son plans to drive to Maiden, about 55 kilometres northwest of Charlotte, to reclaim his amputated leg.

I'll cook anything that don't answer to a name but that is too far for even a 1 legged dewd like me.

The dewd kept his leg????? WTF? You mean I could have kept a keepsake too? lol No thanks!

That is too wierd.
peace
<><

That is really weird. I wouldn't keep the leg but to each his own. My question, why was it in a smoker? Shouldn't it have been in a freezer or formaldehyde?

Cliff H. said:
Can a Dr. even allow that to happen ?

I'm not sure. I had to PAY to have my foot disposed of. I saw it on the Bill where I paid over $1,000 just for them to chuck my foot in the incenerator.
:twisted:

KyBlueBBQ said:
Of all the things to find in the smoker ya just bought...thats gotta be one of the worst I've heard of..
If it were up to me, that smoker would be on craigslist by now. :shock:

--John 8)
(I'm not all that squeamish, but c'mon ... :thumbsdown )

Larry D. said:
Now, if the smoker had just been a "Stump's"... :mrgreen:

Now thats funny right there.
18.gif

Back
Top Bottom