Are you guys still here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, are we ready for it......I ....Say........YES....SHUT IT DOWN< SHUT IT DOWN <SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!! Hey, I get up at 4:45 am, maybe I'll call you sometime and we'll talk breakfast!!!!! Yeah, it isgetting late, but I was at a financial aid for college meeting at the high school for my daughter. She wants to attend DUKE?????

I'll tell ya right now....She ain't going to Duke!!!!

ps. What are ya havin for breakfast. I just ate my Capn' Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch! Woody

Captain, I would talk to you about your board and the possibilities of linking that one to hear. My email is in my profile page...let's discuss it, afterall, I am the HAMMER!!

Chris Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":tbivlm9d]
She is a Yankee. :?

Are you sure?

If she is FROM Ohio. Yes.[/quote:tbivlm9d]

I've meet quite a few corn heads from Ohio! I'm sure they weren't yankees!

Hey Woody, if her grades are real good, you would be surprised at how much financial aid you get. My daughter goes to a private school (No Duke) but with her grades they gave her grants and scholarships that brought the price down to the same it would cost me to send her to a state school.

She's got a 4.3 GPA. Anything would be better than that party cesspool OU (Greg's alma mater) which is her second option. I want her to go to Elon (Chris probably knows Elon), cause it's reasonable, and it's close to the good Q in NC!!

hmmmm, Duke, Elon.....hmmmm

Send her to UNC...one of the best public universities in the country.
I, of course, went....

to Appalachian St.

8 miles from Woodlands BBQ, first time I'd ever had a jalapeno in my cornbread.

Woodie, I cant tell you a story about my 1992 validictorian who went to UNC...needless to say, he transfered to Miami of Ohio after 1 yr!!

Let's just say that they went out of there way to make him feel like a "YANK" all day everyday!!! Damn, thoes people still hold a grudge for us winning the war!! :shock:

Shit! We gotta put up with that crap on this forum too? We stomped ya before, we'll stop ya again!!(just as soon as we get through diggin outta this snow up here ;-) ) Woodrow Shreman

Woodman said:
Shit! We gotta put up with that crap on this forum too? We stomped ya before, we'll stop ya again!!(just as soon as we get through diggin outta this snow up here ;-) ) Woodrow Shreman

How about that....me and Woody finally agree on something!! :smt070

Captain Morgan said:
hmmmm, Duke, Elon.....hmmmm

Send her to UNC...one of the best public universities in the country.
I, of course, went....

to Appalachian St.

8 miles from Woodlands BBQ, first time I'd ever had a jalapeno in my cornbread.

Lot's of respect for the stuff I'm reading out of UNC right now. Given where I'm from and where I've been that's a big admission for me.

Grades like those I'm wondering why she's not looking at Northwestern or the Ivies?

Echo Nick P's comments about the the financial aide.

Rob, who knows what goes into the thought process of a 17 year old?? She likes Duke because she's a "Dukie". She'd sooner cut off her hand than go to UNC or Maryland! All her friends are going to OU so that's her second choice. She got accepted into Miami of Ohio, which is a better school, but wants to go with friends. She is screwy! She hates BBQ, but I think it's just because I like it! ;-)

Woodman said:
Rob, who knows what goes into the thought process of a 17 year old?? She likes Duke because she's a "Dukie". She'd sooner cut off her hand than go to UNC or Maryland! All her friends are going to OU so that's her second choice. She got accepted into Miami of Ohio, which is a better school, but wants to go with friends. She is screwy! She hates BBQ, but I think it's just because I like it! ;-)

Has she visited any of these schools???? If she hasn't, sometimes a visit is all thats needed to like or dislike a school. My wife took my 2 older kids around to visit schools and it was a homerun for my daughter, my son on the other hand.....well thank God this country needs more Marines!!!

Back
Top Bottom