Apple Crisp on the WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Giving this a trial run today. I'll be making this when I go up to DC for the Operation BBQ there. ;) It has to be cooked at 350* for 1/2 hour. Got that puppy singing at 354* now.

A long time ago yalls great great grandma cooked everything over a wood fire or used a woodburning stove/oven. Not meaning to be a smart @$$, ;)
getting back to basics aint nothin new exept the equipment & relearning what Granny knew before we were born. Kinda like the comercial "If a caveman can do it" I wonder if the Cave guys knew not to use lighter fluid :!: :roll:

Looks good Bill. I checked the Dessert Section I didn't see the recipe there, did you post it under another name? :?

That's a good idea ya have threre!!! I bet they taste lighty fine too!!!! :D

Well the lessons learned. DONT COVER THE DISH while cooking. It didnt get as crispy as the wife makes. DONT MELT BUTTER and add it to the ingrediants. Use soften butter. USE MORE KINGSFORD, it got cooler at the end. No finish pics because it looks the same as when I put it in.

Dont worry Mike, I think I have this figured out. ;)

Even if it didn't turn out perfect, Bill, you can hardly go wrong with those ingredients. Apple crisp, pie, cobbler, brown betty, pan dowdy -- they're all delicious. :)

--John 8)

Bruce B said:
Looks good Bill. I checked the Dessert Section I didn't see the recipe there, did you post it under another name? :?
I didn't see it either. Bill pony up with that recipe son ;)

Back
Top Bottom