Anyone watching Are you smarter than a 5th grader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw it...most people fail to realize that those kids are learning that stuff right now! Ask them multiply 325 x 743 and see who gets the leg up!! :LOL: :LOL: Us folks have to remember that stuff! However, I know most of the answers!! For now!

Watched it last night. Seems like they got smart kids put up against dumb adults. Really, have to "cheat" on the first question out of the box? I like the 1 vs 100 show better.

Remember Dats, those kids are learning all that stuff right now. The adults aren't dumb per say...but it has been a long time since the 5th grade for us! ;)

That show will lose its luster in a week... ;)

Greg Rempe said:
Remember Dats, those kids are learning all that stuff right now. The adults aren't dumb per say...but it has been a long time since the 5th grade for us! ;)

I disagree. Those adults were dumb as a box of rocks. :LOL:

Well I kicked some 5th grade coola when I watched it. I also do good on Jeopardy cept when it gets down to rock bands and TV sit coms from the past few decades. I quit watching sitcoms when All in the Family went out of bizness..cept for a little bit of the Jeffersons and Married with Chillins.

bigwheel

I saw it last night and was amazed that they had to cheat on a first grade question. I think Jeff Foxworthy was the right choice for the host.

If you put those 5th graders on Jeopardy...they would not get one question right. Don't be fooled by the fact that adults don't know what month Columbus Day is in...who cares...we don't get a day off work.

Again, some of the contestants seem dopey...but the truth is that I am smarter then those little punks, they would lose on Jeopardy and I could kick everyone of their sorry little asses!! :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Greg Rempe said:
If you put those 5th graders on Jeopardy...they would not get one question right. Don't be fooled by the fact that adults don't know what month Columbus Day is in...who cares...we don't get a day off work.

Again, some of the contestants seem dopey...but the truth is that I am smarter then those little punks, they would lose on Jeopardy and I could kick everyone of their sorry little asses!! :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Most people have to have a job in order to get a day off work. :LOL:

Greg Rempe said:

[smilie=imslow.gif] Not for Puff...he's still trying to get out!! ;)

I have to agree with Greg. I haven't seen the show but have heard a lot of people talking about it. I have a 7th and a 1st grader. So much of what they learn has nothing to do with the average adult life unless you go into a particular career that uses the knowledge. Of course, when I read their homework, it comes back to me but lots of times isn't something I use everyday so I don't remember it.

The old saying is true: "If you don't use it, you lose it." Just like when I took two years of Spanish and could speak and understand it very well. Fifteen years later, I can translate written Spanish pretty well but can't converse or understand someone speaking it very well.

Back
Top Bottom