Anyone near Charlston, SC ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Im in need of a favor..Some folks I know are trying to get a rascel type scooter from the Charlston area to Mi area. We can physicly get it to anywhere in Charlston but need help packaging it to ship. We've got funds to do it..Just need a person to physicaly help. The scooter is donation from one person to another needy person...any help would be appreciated...

D.Harris said:
Was getting ready to asked if SC or WV until I read your post again. Other than work from 7 to 5 Friday, I'm free all weekend, did have cooking plans but the rain made it too muddy.

You're a heck of a guy!! Wow, BBQ brings the best in people out!!!

This is awesome...Here's the details..

Im on another board with folks who convert bus's..(ya, I bought a bus...my wife thinks Im nuts too..here's a pic http://server6.pictiger.com/img/739318/ ... il-1--.php )
Anyway...great bunch of folks there..like here...One of them has a Rascel type scooter like Larry's and was giving it away to another board member who needs one, but dosen't have the means,.... but it has to go from Charleston to Mi..But the guy in SC is not physically capable of taking it out of his truck and boxing it up for shipping..which is where D. Harris comes into the picture...This is amazing..We've gotten over $90.00 in donations from the other board within the past few hours to pay for shipping...This whole thing went from a call for help to where we are now in less than twelve hours...makes me proud to be a member of both boards...

Things get done when good ole boys get stuff done themselves.

Right on man!

Well after a weekend of planning, and a bit of confusion this am, it was discovered that the scooter was actually in Charleston Wv, not SC. D Harris was so willing to help that he offered to drive the 50 miles and pick it up or take time from work to help us out. Although it turned out not to be needed, all his efforts and enthusiasim in helping us was greatly appreciated...A great representation of the kind of guys we have here..

Thanks again Dino...

Back
Top Bottom