Anyone here use Bear Claws?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I want to get a set and was wondering if they are worth it when it comes to pulling pork. Does anyone here sell them?

Bear_Claw4.jpg

My team loves them. We don't use them for turn in pork but the boy's can't wait till I'm done with the pork to get their "paw's" into it. I like to use them when I cater and have to pull a bunch of butts, they make short work of it.

I put on three layers of gloves and pull all mine by hand.
Pulling pork is more than pulling it apart it's pulling crap out too. Bits of fat and such ain't going in my pulled pork.

I "push" it. Kind of like kneading dough. Thin cotton parade gloves and nitrile over top give you some protection from the heat but give you great feel for getting and stripping the membranes and fat froma a butt.

Yeah, I have the heat gloves and use them all the time. BUT, the other day I had butts to pull for a catering job and wanted the meat as hot as possable for the customer and thought about "Dang, if I only had a pair of bear claws this wouldn't hurt as bad." I think I may order a pair. For $10 bucks what the hey.

I'm one of the nitrile-over-cotton-gloves guys. Pull off a chunk and give it a few squeezes, pull off another and give it a few squeezes, etc. It's very fast, and it's easy to remove the fat as you go. :)

--John 8)
(Cheap, too. ;) )

Mmmmmm............ Brear Claws (in my best Homer voice) I know allot of folk use them, I used a pal's one time, I didn't care for them. Gloves work fine for me. Now if I had to rush, they would be the tool of choice. I just don't care for the texture they produce.

Back
Top Bottom