Anyone familier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw one at Oinktoberfest last year ~ Nice! They're legal in comps since the power is only for the rotisserie and not the fire.

There's one of those Cabin/Trailer Smokers with one of those on it up the road here that the guy sells BBQ from. I don't know how it works but the guy is constantly cooking, even when I pass at 4am. going to work.

One thing to keep in mind with this kind of pit, It will, And does dump product from the shelf's to the bottom of the pit if not loaded right. Lets not evan get into rack jamb! Just a thought. #-o

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
One thing to keep in mind with this kind of pit, It will, And does dump product from the shelf's to the bottom of the pit if not loaded right. Lets not evan get into rack jamb! Just a thought. #-o

Oh, lets get into it now....If I build one not knowing about it, Ill have to head to the blue room to mf you !!!

john pen said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":12or2b4c]One thing to keep in mind with this kind of pit, It will, And does dump product from the shelf's to the bottom of the pit if not loaded right. Lets not evan get into rack jamb! Just a thought. #-o

Oh, lets get into it now....If I build one not knowing about it, Ill have to head to the blue room to mf you !!![/quote:12or2b4c]

:lmao:

John, if you're going to build one, just make sure that there's extra room where the baskets get near the walls and between the baskets themselves too. That's where the problem is. If a basket is improperly loaded and the basket isn't hanging straight down or something is hanging out of the basket, it'll bump the wall, catch on something and end up dumping that load into the bottom. And if your luck is really bad that day, the dumped load will take out another basket or 2 as well. :eek:

I think Joker has a pic of Fry Pans, His is round explaining why he has little trouble. Care to post that pic Joker? It may explain the difference in how they work.

Ok, so the rotissere idea aside, wht about the idea of the firebx in the back/bottom and it running the full length ?

john pen said:
Ok, so the rotissere idea aside, wht about the idea of the firebx in the back/bottom and it running the full length ?
Here's a diagram on how they work. This is from the GoodOne site.

john pen said:
That could be all me..any idea what its like between the fire box and the chamber ?
Hard to tell from the pics on the site, but I think it looks like there is a baffle/ flue that runs the lenght. Looks like a handel between the box and pit. I would hope it is infinitly adjustable if the vent is full length.
I like the compactness of it, the 3' on a single axel. I would bust my knees every time I threw a log on at night, or in the day :!: I like to tip a few!
I would leave out the rotis thingy though. If it broke while yer cooking it would be a beach getting the food outta the bottom of it. I think I would just make racks. and let her rip. I like the boxyness of it. Just me though. The stainless exhaust tips are a nice touch too :eek:

Looking at the diagram that joker directed us to, it almost appears that the baffle between the firebox and chamber is adjustable. I think Id split it so I could close down one side or the other...Im going to build a firebox on my big smoker similer to the Southern and see how that works before I go through building a whole new one. I also e-mailed Pigs buddy and am waiting on a reply....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom