Anybody need some wood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
The thunderstorm that rolled through here about 20 minutes ago dumped a lot of rain, and also dumped a tree on my deck, taking down my back fence, but luckily only brushing against the house itself. :(
Come and get it!

Well sure glad it missed the crib..condolences on the fence. I had the honor of trying to cut my way through half of the neighbors big Bradford Pear tree where it split down the middle and landed on Fredericka..that the world famous 20 ft. MH which is a wannabe roach coach.) Broke off my bug shield and radio aerial. It was turrible. Whut kinda tree ya got there? Might help some fence straddlers to decide to come whack it for ya. Will say Bradford Pear aint too bad.

bigwheel

It's some kind of maple. Not a sugar maple, as far as I know, because I don't recall any beautiful red/orange color in the fall. Not a silver maple, either - I had several of those where I used to live and I can recognize them.

My neighbor's father and brother do tree work, so I'll probably get them to cut it up and get it out of the yard.

BTW, it missed my WSM by about 6'. My wife had a miniature azalea (a mother's day gift) sitting on the deck rail that took the direct hit from the tree. We found the pot all smashed, but the plant (roots, dirt, and all) was unharmed. I guess it was able to jump clear at the last second. :mrgreen:

The view next morning.

June%202007-18a.jpg

Woodman said:
No thanks, I've got BIG wood!

I see that this little comment is being handled just fine. I'll reserve my opinion on said matter. But will say that the word BIG could easily be replaced with a few more select and accurate words. But hey, I only cook with electric (only because we don't have gas running through our part of the county) so what do I know?

There are seceral variations of sugar maple that the tree could be. A better pic of the leaves and bark would make it easier to identify.

Tim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom