Any other questions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Gotta admire the man for being honest.

Florida 's got it right. Bravo for Sheriff Judd !!!

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD

Some 'dirtbag' in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state wide manhunt ensued.

The low-life was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers fired and hit the guy 68 times.

Now here's the kicker:

Naturally, the media asked why they shot him 68 times. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel: 'That's all the bullets we had !!' (Talk about an all-time classic answer !!!)

Justice Served. Bullets are much cheaper than 40 years of meals, cable and civil rights

Well sure glad that dirty dawg got his just desserts. Now as far as whut the Old Sheriff say not sure how that expression about "shooting all the bullets they had" got it's start but it been around a while and has a lot of variants which would pre date the High Sheriff by many years. First version of it I ever heard of it was back in the 70's and supposedly come from a fella named Vale Ennis who was the Sheriff of Bee County, TX back in the 40's. He was tall and skinny with a hair lip. Killed many folks over the years. Story was he was being quizzed by the grand jury on how come he had to shoot his latest kill Six times The Old Sheriff was reported to have said, "Hell son..I don't shoot my friends." Here is a link to bit about him I Googled up right quick. He was a living legend. Sure there is a bunch more on him hidden out there in cyberspace.

http://www.jdbedwell.com/geneology/LifeIRemember.htm

bigwheel

Think about all the tax money saved by that action. I love the term "an eye for and eye". Sure would deter crime.

In singapore they cane people for some of the crimes they commit. The canes are bamboo split several times length ways and kept in barrels of kerosene. Quite a few years ago some people high up thought it was inhumane to cane and it was taken away. Over night the crime rate shot up about 700 percent. This lasted for a short time and caning was brought back and the crime rate plummeted back to almost zero. I may have a few stats wrong but you get the idea. If we had that kind of punishment here the crime rate wouldn't be near as much as it is!!

Back
Top Bottom