Any experience with the Navy reserves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shop the Services. I know, sounds harsh but Chaplin's, Lawyers and some Engineers get to the head of the line rank wise. They take a look at you and say you look old enough to a Major or maybe just a Captain. The higher the rank, the better the bucks and the better the privileges. Better to be a Major than a butter bar :D

Any of the local recruiters would be MORE Than happy to introduce you to their Officer in Charge of the recruiting center. Take it from there. If you got some real Moxy go for the Marines. Coast Guard ain't a bad gig if you'd like to avoid getting shot at.

Start with the Air Force. Talk to OIC (officer in charge of the local recruiting station) and ask some general questions including what rank could I expect base upon my degrees and years with the church? Say s/he says 0-4. Then go the Navy reserve, ask the same questions. If the say 0-5, go back back to the Air Force and causally mention that the Navy is offering 0-5.... you get the idea. Before long, they will be following over themselves as Chaplin's are highly coveted.

Some other things you need to consider. You'll have to deal with folks of all faiths. Wiccan is a valid faith in the military as well a Buddhists and all the others. Don't think that you will be limited to whatever you are.

0-1 to 0-2 are usually in mid twenties.
0-3 mid to late twenties
0-4 thirties
0-5 mid thirties to early 40s
Just my experience (and peace time at that)

I understand and admire your concern. My sister is in
China trying to start an orphanage. The main question
is how will spending an extended period of time overseas
affect your family over here.

I will take your obvious concern and seeming willingness to serve and sacrifice at face value and assume that you would want to serve where you are most needed and where your calling leads you.

Good luck to you in your endeavors and I pray you will be of great help to our men and women who are in need of your counseling and services.

Nate, don't leave your kids at that age....there's plenty
of the Lord's work to be done all around you, and part of
that is raising your kids.

Take long weekends and visit VA hospitals.

Hokey Smokes! I'll second that one. Trust me on this one. Your kid's are only kid's for a short time. Don't miss out on a thing! I can only think your a fool if you don't! (sorry)

FYI, as an officer if you join the Army or Air National Guard you can only be called up if your unit is called up. In the Army, Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard Reserve you can get called up by name or unit. Something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom