Any Dig Cam experts here ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Came home this weekend to find my camera had a busted viewing screen (I haven't investigated it with the four kids that were home alone all weekend, but Im sure it'll get blamed on the dog)...Anyway...I was in the market for a new camera anyway. The old one was a $49.00 from Sams club that served us well for over 2 years, so I really cant bitch.

My questions are how much should I plan on spending for a decent one, any suggestions on style or manufacturer and what are you guys using and what do you like or dislike about it ? Ill be doing the web educator later this week, but Id rather hear first hand !

John I'm no expert, but I'm on my 3rd Canon Digital Elph and couldn't be happier. You can get a real good one for less than $400.

Larry Wolfe said:
John I'm no expert, but I'm on my 3rd Canon Digital Elph and couldn't be happier. You can get a real good one for less than $400.

On your 3rd ?? Upgrades I hope ?

john pen said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":skp0m4xl]John I'm no expert, but I'm on my 3rd Canon Digital Elph and couldn't be happier. You can get a real good one for less than $400.

On your 3rd ?? Upgrades I hope ?[/quote:skp0m4xl]

Operator errors!! Actually the first one I dropped while the zoom lens was out and hosed that. The second one I decided to give to my daughter and replaced it with the one I have now. Here's the one I have.

I have a Nikon CoolPix 7600 7.1 MP...I paid 300 bucks for the camera, case, and card after abusing my Staples awards and coupons. My only complaint: the charging of, I think, the flash if there is low light around. It takes forever. I ended up getting another 1gig card for the camera and rechargeable batteries. Great all around camera though for my first digital. But..some didn't agree. Click link.

http://www1.epinions.com/Nikon_Coolpix_ ... nikon+7600

john pen said:
Came home this weekend to find my camera had a busted viewing screen (I haven't investigated it with the four kids that were home alone all weekend, but Im sure it'll get blamed on the dog)...Anyway...I was in the market for a new camera anyway. The old one was a $49.00 from Sams club that served us well for over 2 years, so I really cant bitch.

My questions are how much should I plan on spending for a decent one, any suggestions on style or manufacturer and what are you guys using and what do you like or dislike about it ? Ill be doing the web educator later this week, but Id rather hear first hand !

BTW nice police work... :roll: ;) :D

ScottyDaQ said:
What's your budget, and what are your camera skills? i.e. You want a point and shoot or something for real photography?

I'd like to keep it around $300.50. I use it mostly for food pics, family events and to take with us when we travel. I want to be able to take pics fast (time between each other). On my old one, it took about 30 secs between...

Nick Prochilo said:
John, just don't get the one that Puff has. It must be real hard to operate!
I read the damn directions! :x
They didn't help!

Sorry John ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":5ze1fo3d]John, just don't get the one that Puff has. It must be real hard to operate!
They didn't help!

Sorry John ;)

PM your buddy who hasen't been around for a while. He is a wiz with stuff like that.[/quote:5ze1fo3d]
That's what I didn't want to do ;)

Sorry John....It's Nick's fault ;)

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3q3ue3y1]John, just don't get the one that Puff has. It must be real hard to operate!
They didn't help!

Sorry John ;)

PM your buddy who hasen't been around for a while. He is a wiz with stuff like that.

Sorry John....It's Nick's fault ;)[/quote:3q3ue3y1]

Don't be dragging my a$$ down with yours! [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1s0bnikr]
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1s0bnikr]John, just don't get the one that Puff has. It must be real hard to operate!
They didn't help!

Sorry John ;)

PM your buddy who hasen't been around for a while. He is a wiz with stuff like that.

Sorry John....It's Nick's fault ;)[/quote:1s0bnikr]

Don't be dragging my a$$ down with yours! [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif][/quote:1s0bnikr]
I just wanted to fix my damn camera!

Last time.....sorry John ;)

I'll have to try to sway you for a NIKON Coolpix..... I have nothing but EXCELLENT things to say about mine!

I've had 2 Cannons & a Proview... the NIKON ...I think... rates top of the list.....BY FAR

just my 2 cents........

Back
Top Bottom