Another BBQ Central Comp Team member taken to the Hospital!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well he's ok. I've been trying to find the common denominator with all the freak medical happenings....it appears the one person who was
present at both Rev's near-blinding, and Finney's sudden sickness....

The Big GQ.

:shock:

Well know them kidney things are painful but most happy to know it aint normally fatal. Had a poor fella die parked next to me at Hoot's one year. Think his ticker gave out. Nearly know it couldnt have been that sample of spare ribs I gave him around 3 AM'ish. Was a very sad old deal. Think his boy went ahead and turned in for judging. Thats whut dear old Dad woulda wanted or that was the rumor anyway.

bigwheel

Hope you pass those stones soon and are feeling better! Les had one a few years ago and it's the worst pain I've ever seen him endure.

Just got a call from Larry. He's in a parking lot in Charleston, drinking beer. If anyone knows where a hospital or a store that sells beer in the Charleston area is, please call Larry.

Cliff H. said:
I have been told that having kidney stones is the closest thing to child birth that a man will ever experience. [smilie=a_holyshit.gif]

I can tell ya that from first had experiance they hurt worse than that , last time I passed out twice according to my wife before they could get the morphine and toradol in me. My stones are all BIG one size 6 and above so far , just got back from the DR seems he has found 3 more now, oh joy!!!

hmmmm lets compare shall we now I am not saying it isn't painful as heck but........

1 - 6mm stone

or

3 children, 9lbs 6oz (38 hrs labour) , 7lbs 4 oz, & 8lbs 4 oz.

Diva Q said:
hmmmm lets compare shall we now I am not saying it isn't painful as heck but........

1 - 6mm stone

or

Lest just say its not a long as labor can be but it sure hurst like it from my view point , and I was a paramedic for 23 years so I have seen and helped with child birth and I have the highest respect for the courage of women to put them selves thru that. But them damn stones HURT!!!!!!

Diva Q said:

1 - 6mm stone

or

The size of the holes that they pass threw should be taken into consideration!!!!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Diva Q":14lbf9ud]hmmmm lets compare shall we now I am not saying it isn't painful as heck but........

1 - 6mm stone

or

The size of the holes that they pass threw should be taken into consideration!!!![/quote:14lbf9ud]

Now that is a very valid point for sure.

Captain Morgan said:
Just got a call from Larry. He's in a parking lot in Charleston, drinking beer. If anyone knows where a hospital or a store that sells beer in the Charleston area is, please call Larry.

It was indeed a fun experience Jim! Just showed we can drink anywhere any tim no matter who's in the hospital!! :D We are true professionals!! :shock:

Captain Morgan said:
yep, anybody goes to the hospital, we're there! In the parking lot that is,
:oops:

Cappy again you've created something! Coming to a hospital near you, "Emergency Room Pre-Op Tailgating"!!!!

I'm alive and well.... okay, not well.
Drugs are wonderful things.
I got back to the comp site and did what I could to help. It wasn't that much as all turn-ins were done and we just had the "on-site" judging for ribs left. I was stationed at the front of the site to keep the lookie-loos out of the area while the judges were there. I guess they figured a man on drugs would be a good choice for that.
Helped a little with the cleanup, went to the awards and pretty much called it a day after going back to the site.
Went to bed around 7:30.

Thank you guys (and gals) for thinking about me and for the get well wishes. We're all family here.

What a man! Go to the hospital than come back to the comp. [smilie=a_bravo.gif]

Glad you are going to make it Finny. get well soon.

Captain Morgan said:
well he's ok. I've been trying to find the common denominator with all the freak medical happenings....it appears the one person who was
present at both Rev's near-blinding, and Finney's sudden sickness....

The Big GQ.

:shock:
Putting the monkey curse on'em one at a time! :shock: :twisted:

Glad to see Finney is up and moving. Hope everthing comes out okay buddy! :shock:

But seriously...I have to give props to Finney...comp to ER, back to comp...hardcore dude...hardcore. I'm glad he was on our team!

Hope they pass soon, Fin.

Back
Top Bottom