Annual R-5 Head Suckin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Cliff H.":2ri2q9z6][quote="Larry Wolfe":2ri2q9z6][quote="Cliff H.":2ri2q9z6]My daughter could eat a whole bag of bugs by herself. Looks darn good Larry. JB is going to give you a damit boy instead of an ata boy for using salt to purge.

WHY?[/quote:2ri2q9z6]

I don't want to jack this great thread Larry. There is a thread from last year where the topic of salt or freshwater only for purging was discussed in detail.[/quote:2ri2q9z6]

I think JB's theory on purging all depends on how many 'pops' he's had when it comes time to purge. :mrgreen:[/quote:2ri2q9z6]

Thats exactly rite. Looks like a great time,

We take em out the sack to rinse & purge em.

What kind of seasoning did yall use Boy?

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1pptgwur][quote="Cliff H.":1pptgwur][quote="Larry Wolfe":1pptgwur][quote="Cliff H.":1pptgwur]My daughter could eat a whole bag of bugs by herself. Looks darn good Larry. JB is going to give you a damit boy instead of an ata boy for using salt to purge.

WHY?[/quote:1pptgwur]

I don't want to jack this great thread Larry. There is a thread from last year where the topic of salt or freshwater only for purging was discussed in detail.[/quote:1pptgwur]

I think JB's theory on purging all depends on how many 'pops' he's had when it comes time to purge. :mrgreen:[/quote:1pptgwur]

Thats exactly rite. Looks like a great time,

We take em out the sack to rinse & purge em.

What kind of seasoning did yall use Boy?[/quote:1pptgwur]

JB, not sure on the seasoning......I'm not involved in the cooking portion of this event. But it's plenty good and spicy. I don't eat the corn or potatoes, they are extremely dangerous the following day! :LOL:

I thought you looked slimmed down, too, but that weekend looked like it was all put back on. :LOL:
Flying that many bugs in sounds expensive.

Rag said:
I thought you looked slimmed down, too, but that weekend looked like it was all put back on. :LOL:

It's $30 per person and that includes all you can eat bugs, corn, taters and beer, 4 kegs of premium beer of different varieties all you can drink and the band. Not sure about the total cost of everything, but $30 per person seems fair. Generally there's approx. 200 people, this year it was closer to 150.

Larry Wolfe said:
Rag said:

It's $30 per person and that includes all you can eat bugs, corn, taters and beer, 4 kegs of premium beer of different varieties all you can drink and the band. Not sure about the total cost of everything, but $30 per person seems fair. Generally there's approx. 200 people, this year it was closer to 150.

$30 a head seems like a steal. I don't think that there are many here who couldn't drink $30 worth of beer let alone eat $30 worth of food!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3l5pmg3f]
Rag said:

$30 a head seems like a steal. I don't think that there are many here who couldn't drink $30 worth of beer let alone eat $30 worth of food![/quote:3l5pmg3f]

I'm with Nick .... I've paid far more and gotten less, $30 is a steal!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom