Ancient beast lives!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Got an oldie ta show yall. Dad bought this over 40 year ago, it was used then, so guessin she is from the 40's er 50's. Cleaned her up an she works like a dream! Blade ain't been touched in years, she took the top two layers a skin offin my pointer finer an weren't even runin!

She's an old Globe an wieghts a ton! Sure don't like luggin it round!

img_181292_0_717802aa61903ab3513b83ab754e3875.jpg

img_181292_1_ee750b8d5936ef82512ff66959ef5aa3.jpg

img_181292_2_c87bbe40aea3513015d1777d77c19725.jpg

The pastrami all sliced. Takes longer ta clean the beast then ta do the slicin, but sure be worth the effort!

Ahh now your getting me spitting natrual lite on the compooter here. Nice slicer. I had one of the toys too but I give it away to some other dummy. Onliest thang I don't like about slicers other than whut Maynard say about taking longer to clean em up than to go ahead and cut it by hand..is them goofy slicers do not know when the brisket grain changes. That how come at the high volume delis a person can strangle to death on their Reuben cuz the nutty slicer cuts a bunch of it with the grain. Person should prob stick with using them to slice baloney in case they can't find any already sliced :shock:

bigwheel

Ahhh yes you should meet some of the high class chili snobs who brag about their La Crusets (sic). Enameled cast iron chili pots imported from Gay Paree etc. I don't understand the physics or the logic behind the proposition. Now maybe back in the good old days that was the best they had. Who knows? Should I be jealous of somebody that has one? Should I instruct the Warden to have Santa bring me one for Christmas etc. Thanks.

bigwheel

Thats a well built slicer I'd check the wiring too. gettin shocked while drinkin sucks :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
Thats a well built slicer I'd check the wiring too. gettin shocked while drinkin sucks :LOL:
Funny you say that JB. I replaced the old (look like cotton insulation on the wire) when I got zapped with mine. When ever ya touched the switch, ZAP! Must be that the porcelain insulated the rest of it.

Pigs

Ive got one of those exact slicers..But mines in nowhere near as nice shape as yours... Id love to find parts to rebuild mine...thats sweet !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom