An end of an era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
For the past 14 years my wife, two daughers and I have been involved in both the local swim team and the High School Swim team. My oldest Brady was one of the first members of the High School team in 2001. The wife and I did a whole lot of fund raising those years to keep the team going.

Well today was our last swim meet. The end of an era. The District meet was held today.

Lil'qer finished with great strokes. She got a first place in her 500 yard free style in her heat. She says, "Dad I got the bell". Thats because they swim 20 laps and the bell is for the person who is 2 laps away from the finish and only to lead swimmer gets the bell. She also dropped 5 second off her best time in the 200 Individual Medley.

We are still not sure if she will be on the state relay team. We will know by next week.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics from todays meet.

Upload Jpg with PicTiger

Spent the last three years working with the booster club for the high school football team my grandson played on. The time you spent helping your kid also benifits the whole team. Thank you for time, your daughter will never forget it.

Great Job Steph...having been a competitive swimmer for most of my life, I can appreciate the time and practice it takes to shave off 5 SECONDS from your best time! AWESOME!!

We didn't have a swim team in my high school so I played basketball instead and was not very good. I swam for my neighborhood swim team during the summers and would routinely beat state qualifiers by lengths at a clip...and Airboss still has the trophies and ribbons to prove it!

I wish we would of had a team!! I miss swimming competitively a lot!!
I hope you make the relay, Steph!!

WAY TO GO!! ;) 8) :D :D

Well done Stephanie!!
25.gif

stlouBBQ said:
My kids are 9, 7, and 5. I understand exactly what you are saying. I remember the last day of pre-school. After that, all kids were in school. Those mileposts are important, at least to parents. The kids take it in stride. I dread them though. If I could bottle them up and keep them young I would do it.

Isn't that the truth. Then one day you have Grandchildren and you wonder where the hell did the time go, but know what, that's when it really becomes fun.

We just got one of those big screen HD tv's, yesterday our 10 year old GS told us we really needed an XBox to go with it or if we ever saw a game cube on sale for $200.00 to grab it as it was a real deal. :LOL:

And then they start to grow up. :cry:

Make the most of it while you can Bill, congrats to your daughter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom