Am I too romantic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich Decker

Senior Cook
Two weekends ago (August 20th) my wife and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary. I spent the weekend judging a BBQ contest in New Paltz NY, she went to a air show in Burlington VT. After the brisket turn in I hustled home (4 hour drive) so we could go to a nice French restaurant for dinner. It poured and she got soaked and was cold, she decided not to wear the Gor-tex rain gear I got her for Valentines day. We skipped diner and I went for a pizza.

Last night I installed her anniversary gift (a curved shower rod) in her bathroom. I got a Fog Free Reflections mirror de-foger for my bathroom. So last night I felt guilty that she didn't get suitable gift so I ordered her a vacuum tumbler, I hope she lets me use it for BBQ competitions.

Umm, well you're about as romantic as my ole man! That's not saying a whole lot! LOl That's ok because I'm not the most romantic person on the planet myself!

Oh yeah, I'd love a vacuum for Christmas! Someone please tell Les!

My 14th anniversary was July 21st. I offered to take my wife on a nice trip to Virginia, she wasn't keen on the idea. I met some real nice folk down there and helped cook some BBQ.

What a beautifull story Rich, My anniversery (20 years) is comming up and...Im sorry, I cant think right now,,Rich's story has moved me..

Im veclept....talk amongst yourselfs....

Bruce B said:
My 14th anniversary was July 21st. I offered to take my wife on a nice trip to Virginia, she wasn't keen on the idea. I met some real nice folk down there and helped cook some BBQ.

2.gif
yes Bruce.. you are da man!!

Rich, you inspire me!

My 20th is next year. I think im getting her a Stumps Smoker.

She deserves it.

Captain Morgan said:
What'd you get her for Christmas, a vaccum cleaner?

Vacuum cleaner...please. Two years ago I got her a meat grinder but I think I .... or I mean she needs a bigger one with more horse power. Last year she got a 5# vertical sausage stuffer.

Last year I got her jewelry..then for my my Birthday she told me we were having a wonderful meal and company was gonna be here for it...then she told me what the menu was so I could get the right stuff to cook....so for next years 20th anniversay i think she's gonna get a Weber Performer

wdroller said:
I've got one coming up. Think I'll get my wife a new chainsaw.

Dat's what I'm talking about, my nephew striped out the spark plug on my big chainsaw so now I have to use the limbing saw. I like big powertools.

My wife got me a tread mill one year for Christmas. The following year I got her a tablesaw! One year for our anniversary (which was the only year I got her a gift) I gave her a new cesspool! See loved it so much, to this day she still uses it everyday!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom