Aloha from Hawaii!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Hello everone! We are on the beautiful island of Kauai. This is the island where many movies and television shows were shot (Jurassic Park, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Blue Hawaii). It's the oldest of the Hawaiin Islands so the mountains are the most spectactular. We arrived late Sunday afternoon after 11 hours of flying on three airlines. We went to what they refer to as the Hawaiin Grand Canyon on monday. Fantastic views and colors of the countryside and ocean. We are taking a catamaran to the side of the island today where Jurassaic Park was shot. You can only get there by boat or helecopter. One strange thing about this island is that it is almost overun by chickens. There was a large chicken farm here and when a very large hurricane/typhoon came through here back in 1992 it destroyed much of the island including the chicken farm but the chickens survived. The Hawaaiin's took this as a sign that the chickens should be spared so they protected them. You can't hunt them. I'ts about 5:30 in the morning as I'm typing this and I can hear about three roosters crowing in the background right now.

I'm going to try to play around and try to figure out how to post some pics from my hard drive but if I can't do it I'll post them when I get back next week.

Aloha!

I lived on Oahu for about 5 years as a Teen and you are correct Hawaii is beautiful. Make sure you attend a Luau and have the the Whole Hog cooked underground in Tea Leaves and Lava rocks. Awesome Que!

Stay away from Poi it taste like purple glue and is made from a root. Yuck!

Mahalo for the post and Aloha to you too and I hope you get Lei'd
peace

Aloha can mean Hello, Good Bye and I love you.

Helen_Paradise said:
Best island!!!!!! The cigar bar at the Hyatt - good memories and Lava Flows!!

There is something to be said about a chick and a cigar......................

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":t25rhgkb]Best island!!!!!! The cigar bar at the Hyatt - good memories and Lava Flows!!

There is something to be said about a chick and a cigar......................[/quote:t25rhgkb]

in a Bar.
:LOL:

Add a Guitar and she's the best So Far.
lol

Have fun Dallas, I hear the chicken jokes coming. The protection prevents choking them too? I don't want you to get in trouble.

GOOD, you could use some practice on your chicken from what I hear.

Have a great trip Dallas!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Have fun and rent a surf board and get wet... Boogie board at least. Do some snrokel.. See ya when ya get back... :D

Have a great trip Dallas...First a dry county :shock: ...(I still can't get my mind wrapped around that one)...now an island where the chickens are protected...what's next...gas :shock: Q :LOL:

wittdog said:
Have a great trip Dallas...First a dry county :shock: ...(I still can't get my mind wrapped around that one)...now an island where the chickens are protected...what's next...gas :shock: Q :LOL:

Only in CC Texas.
18.gif

Bill The Grill Guy said:
wittdog said:

Only in CC Texas.
18.gif

now that is funny

Back
Top Bottom